Component Or Entity ?

Started by
3 comments, last by FLeBlanc 10 years, 11 months ago

in the name of god && coding rolleyes.gif
Hi Programmers cool.png
Wich Is Beter ? ComponentBase (like unity3d) or EntityBase (like cryengine) unsure.png
why? When? dry.png

My previous choice was the Component. mellow.png
But now, I chose the Entity. tongue.png
What is your opinion ?angry.png

sory if my english is not good laugh.png
thanks angry.png

Advertisement

Both are essentially the same thing.

They represent a game object, and can use composition to add functionality as needed.

Both are reasonably well implemented and are good answers to the problem they are trying to solve.

Neither is strictly better or worse than the other. They are very similar solutions to the same problem, and both work quite well.

They represent a game object, and can use composition to add functionality as needed.

Both are reasonably well implemented and are good answers to the problem they are trying to solve.

Neither is strictly better or worse than the other. They are very similar solutions to the same problem, and both work quite well.

Well said.

Beginner in Game Development?  Read here. And read here.

Well said.

And that is why, when I first looked into component based, I was somewhat confused as to the difference between the two until I actually tried it.

Which is better would depend upon the situation... from my understanding the component based architectures work quickly and are great for adding in something new without having to re code a lot... but if you are doing your object orientated programming to its fullest, it will be the same sort of situation.

That's a lot of smileys.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement