Creative Games

Started by
1 comment, last by powerneg 10 years, 11 months ago

Hi everyone, i'm Comrade Jenkens and this is my very first post on these forums so don't be afraid to tell me if I make a mistake or am posting in the wrong section.

At some point in the future when I have gained more experience I plan to work on an RPG that includes building aspects similar to Kerbal Space Program and Gmod. Yet I've noticed that these are the only two significant games that I can find on the market which allow the building of your own contraptions with your imagination being the limit.

Is there a reason why these type of games rarely exist and would there be interest in such a game if it was ever made?

Feedback and peoples opinions would be appreciated :)

Thanks

Comrade Jenkens

Advertisement

Hi everyone, i'm Comrade Jenkens and this is my very first post on these forums so don't be afraid to tell me if I make a mistake or am posting in the wrong section.

At some point in the future when I have gained more experience I plan to work on an RPG that includes building aspects similar to Kerbal Space Program and Gmod. Yet I've noticed that these are the only two significant games that I can find on the market which allow the building of your own contraptions with your imagination being the limit.

Is there a reason why these type of games rarely exist and would there be interest in such a game if it was ever made?

Feedback and peoples opinions would be appreciated smile.png

Thanks

Comrade Jenkens

One of the issues is graphical. When you can't be sure how things will be used you have to go with lower quality graphics and also make them modular. Industry developers don't like to deal with graphical limitations in this way.

Also your imagination is not really the limit. There are other limits implicit in the game.

As far as interest goes there will be some if the game doesn't suck. Which is always the case. I would hesitate to say that any game with half decent art and minimal bugginess would not have any interest. The scale of the interest is the question.

The game(s) you described sounded too complex to learn fast, and likely also to hard to learn,

most gamers won't bother going deep into a game unless they (think they) know it's gonna be worth it.

That said, it sounds too easy to mess it up, especially when you are unexperienced.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement