• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
lucky6969b

What can I download d3dx debug dll files?

This topic is 1874 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I forgot to build a release exe last times.

I don't want to install them to get the dlls.

But dxsdk_aug08.exe don't have an option for extracting files only

previous versions have this

xxx.exe /c /t:D:\dxsdk

How do I achieve this? or any place I can download it from?

Thanks

Jack

Advertisement

You have several options:

• Install the old SDK to a virtual machine, and build on it.
  • Install the old SDK to a virtual machine, and copy the extracted files from there.
  • Use WinZip or similar to extract the files from the .exe; I believe the format is self-extracting zip or msi, even though the extractor wouldn't offer to do just the extraction.

The easiest way would be the third option.

By the way, do you develop using the August 08 SDK? You should have the release libraries already on your machine, unless you have messed up the installation.

You should really upgrade to at least the June2010 SDK and the debug dlls and release dlls are all in <drive letter>:\Windows\System32\ or <drive letter>:\Windows\SysWOW64\ for 32bit version and 64 bits versions. You should however try and build a release version and include a redistributable package in your installer which is in the DXSDK install directory.

Edited by NightCreature83

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!