• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
Medo Mex

3D Pathfinding

This topic is 2051 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Any code sample for 3D Pathfinding?

I'm using Bullet Physics and want to find a path to move a model to a certain position without hitting the walls.

Advertisement

Most of the time you can simple use 2D path finding (for example A*).

Any code example for A* 3D Pathfinding that can be used with Bullet Physics?

Any code example for A* 3D Pathfinding that can be used with Bullet Physics?

Google A*, learn how A* works, then think about how to implement it into your game, there are many A* implementations out there, so you can include it in your project without having to reinvent it. But your not going to find any code which magically implements itself within your game, it will require you to think.

Edited by Andy474

I'm not really good in mathematics, I searched online and found mathematical tutorials, so can you point me to any code example?

Edited by Medo3337

You need mathematics to understand it.

Wikipedia has some pseudo-code, but unless we know what language your after, we cant give any examples. If you cant' do math AI is probably not be the right area for you to be looking at.

Edited by Andy474

Furthermore, Pathfinding (or AI in general) is not a DirectX topic. There's a whole subforum here with FAQs and tons of threads about. You better ask there if you have a specific question.

Most of the time you can simple use 2D path finding (for example A*).

I'm sensing a misunderstanding here. The A* algorithm works for any dimension.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

GameDev.net is your game development community. Create an account for your GameDev Portfolio and participate in the largest developer community in the games industry.

Sign me up!