Write here the features you want for a Zombie Survival Game!

Started by
20 comments, last by ZwodahS 10 years, 11 months ago

Any idea is welcomed!cool.png

Advertisement

Go read the zombie survival guide, base it off that. Make it rural, not urban, and stealth-based instead of another twitchy shooter. Zombies can only be killed by destroying their head (NOT a one-shot kill, though, that's dull and irritating) and anything else just impairs them. (Possibly a lot.) Add in other enemies besides zombies, like wild animals and occasionally raiders. Slow zombies, but hard to kill and have firearms be limited in use through some means. Then, for a big twist, make the environment and the character's needs an important factor, and use concepts like disease and wounding.

You know, do it right.

There's two of us on this account. Jeremy contributes on design posts, Justin does everything else, including replying on those threads. Jeremy is not a people person, so it's Justin you'll be talking to at any given time.

Aelsif's Patreon.

See some screenshots here and tell me what you thinksmile.png: http://www.gamedev.net/topic/642500-underground-rush-zombie-survival-game/

Go read the zombie survival guide, base it off that. Make it rural, not urban, and stealth-based instead of another twitchy shooter. Zombies can only be killed by destroying their head (NOT a one-shot kill, though, that's dull and irritating) and anything else just impairs them. (Possibly a lot.) Add in other enemies besides zombies, like wild animals and occasionally raiders. Slow zombies, but hard to kill and have firearms be limited in use through some means. Then, for a big twist, make the environment and the character's needs an important factor, and use concepts like disease and wounding.

You know, do it right.

Doesn't look or sound anything like it.

There's two of us on this account. Jeremy contributes on design posts, Justin does everything else, including replying on those threads. Jeremy is not a people person, so it's Justin you'll be talking to at any given time.

Aelsif's Patreon.

It's just missing the outdoor environments and the weapons for zombies the rest is present...slow zombies the animals are currently in development, character's needs are very hard to getsmile.png

It's just missing the outdoor environments and the weapons for zombies the rest is present...slow zombies the animals are currently in development, character's needs are very hard to getsmile.png

What about the headshots? The big deal with the Max Brooks zombie is that only head wounds can truly kill a zombie and everything else just slows them down.

EDIT:

But that doesn't mean a headshot is an instant kill, either.

Aelsif's Patreon.

That is called limb detection.....i am also working on that;)

What about the headshots? The big deal with the Max Brooks zombie is that only head wounds can truly kill a zombie and everything else just slows them down.

EDIT:

But that doesn't mean a headshot is an instant kill, either.

I'd like to have traps.

what kind of traps?

I'd like to have traps.

I'd like to have traps.

I second Matei's question. What kind of traps? Pre-set traps in the game? Traps you could set yourself? If the latter, are we talking simple grab and set traps like landmines, or more complex designs? What, exactly, are you looking for?

Aelsif's Patreon.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement