Write here the features you want for a Zombie Survival Game!

Started by
20 comments, last by ZwodahS 10 years, 11 months ago

Traps like landmines will be a new feature for the next version because of the engine:) and i understood in general what kind of traps:)

I'd like to have traps.

I second Matei's question. What kind of traps? Pre-set traps in the game? Traps you could set yourself? If the latter, are we talking simple grab and set traps like landmines, or more complex designs? What, exactly, are you looking for?

Advertisement

visit www.alexmatei.com/games to download the demo :)

I would like to have a crafting system where you could build various forms of traps:

• Snare
  • Pits
  • Spikes on some form of spring that is released upon triggers (a bit like mouse trap but larger)
  • Stumbling ropes.
  • Chemical traps - zombies are mushy, a strong solvent could do wonders!
  • Nets
  • Weapon traps - a weapon is mounted and when triggered starts to shoot
  • Heavy drops
  • Pour oil on ground in custom patterns which can be set on fire
  • Dynamite

Outline of crafting system of active weapons

• Trigger (wall, ground, area of effect, quality - how reliable it is)
  • Damage mechanism (the thing that does the damage/releases the tool)

Further reference

Thank you all for the responses! I promise that i will try my best!

Added some requested features! Please visit http://www.gamedev.net/topic/642500-underground-rush-zombie-survival-game/

Other people. Not just multiplayer but also AI you could talk to, or trade with, or team up with.

SAMULIKO: My blog

[twitter]samurliko[/twitter]

BitBucket

GitHub

Itch.io

YouTube

Yes, i added this feature today:) Thanks for your idea!

Other people. Not just multiplayer but also AI you could talk to, or trade with, or team up with.

www.alexmatei.com

make something else then zombie, theres the tip

To 'cure' zombies (may require disabling/overpowering/trapping) which will give the player something in adition to the usual axe chopping, chainsawing, immolation. The disabling/overpowering/trapping would also involve more methods/tools giving more variety to the game.

They dont have to become your friend/minion in the game but having them thank you and run off to safety would be nice. If there is extra difficulty involved some payoff like them sending you goodies sometime in the future or somesuch might induce players to try this route.

--------------------------------------------[size="1"]Ratings are Opinion, not Fact

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement