.....Of Lieutenants and Learning Agents (RTS)

Started by
21 comments, last by Sandman 22 years, 1 month ago
Seems like fun but i think there might be a few problems if not implemented correctly.

The map the game is played on has to be very random to avoid most effective build order scripts/ai''s which have proven to be the most effective in any situation.

Dont take to much control from the player to the point it basically becomes a game where the smartness of the commander decides the outcome. A press "W" to win sorta thing.
Advertisement
quote:Original post by DaJoostMan
Seems like fun but i think there might be a few problems if not implemented correctly.

The map the game is played on has to be very random to avoid most effective build order scripts/ai''s which have proven to be the most effective in any situation.

Dont take to much control from the player to the point it basically becomes a game where the smartness of the commander decides the outcome. A press "W" to win sorta thing.

I think that is very unlikely. The objective is not to teach the AI to win a war, but to teach it tactics which the player can use to win a war. And if an AI can exploit an unbeatable tactic than so can a human player, and if you have unbeatable tactics in your game then it is seriously flawed.

The point of this would be to reduce the amount of clicking a player had to do to execute various tactics- not to make them a better player. Maybe if it was a scripting language you could be limited to 10 if..then..else statements or something. If everytime you retreat you select the group of units move them to the retreat point and leave X number of units to fight a rear-guard action that''s at least 5 or 6 clicks depending on how big the retreated group should be. With this you could just press R and then shift your attention.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement