need help with a software logo please :)

Started by
4 comments, last by Kryzon 10 years, 11 months ago

howdy, if anyone feels kind enough and has a few spare minutes; i'm having trouble creating a logo for my college project! as i am absolutely terrible at any kind of art! also i have no software that would help me do the logo

anyway, looking for a simple logo that would look in any way similar to this one at the top of the picture. anything simple will do! or if anyone has links to any videos that i could follow to do it in paint.. i would be grateful smile.png thanks!

387b569890acb39242371e2723584314.png

instead of MediTech, Patient Management mine will be "YomiTech" and in small under it "Help Desk System" it will be located at the top of my system in the empty space:

fe29d2910ff622eaba03856f0c0c1013.png

Advertisement

If I may suggest; The best you may get for free is one of two programs.
The free vector program, Inkscape
Or the free raster program, GIMP.

With either it should be fairly simple to utilize the tools available to make the text, fill it with a gradient from one color to the other, and apply the shadow/soft outline. I'm not exactly someone well versed in final logos, however, so I'd like if someone could add to this.

cheers for the reply. i will download inkscape and have a go of creating something, although i doubt it will be in any way decent haha smile.png if anyone that is good at this kind of thing has a few spare minutes to fix something i would gladly accept it

edit: just downloaded inkscape, looks so complicated lol

anyone? have to submit the software tomorrow and i can't make a decent logo myself :(

If you're that desperate, just mess around in Word or Powerpoint with text effects, and take a screenshot or use the snipping tool. Hours before your project is due is not the time to learn how to do something completely new.

Or just google the name of either of BagelHero's software suggestions with "logo tutorial".

-Mark the Artist

Digital Art and Technical Design
Developer Journal

If you decide to use this, you'll need to scale it down. You can use MS-Paint to scale it (How to Resize an Image in MS Paint).

a42p.png

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement