Capture Camera for robotic Vision

Started by
3 comments, last by Thomas Giusepe 22 years, 5 months ago
Hi there, Someone could have any hint about how to capture the camera view into archive (*.jpeg,*.bmp,etc) in order to make apply a pattern recognition method? Someone knows were could I found some code sample or more information in this issue? Thnx in advance. Best wishes, Thomas
Advertisement
Most capture boards designed for PC's come with capture developers tools. If you purchased a USB camera or something like that, Kodak for sure offers an activex interface to the camera.

If neither of those apply to you, try searching for Twain32 & such. I did a capture project that needed something more than I had and found a great control (freeware, wish I still had it).

Tons of goodies out there, yahoo & infoseek are great for programming, they've been around longer than most so still contain a lot of older pages.

As far as the pattern recognition routines, that's a different story. The complexity ranges depending on what you're trying to do. If you're searching for a heat source with an infrared camera (b&w), you could simply turn everything below a certain value to white & use whatever's left.

GetPixel and SetPixel are also good things to play with & study.

Edited by - Surfer on October 22, 2001 10:46:34 PM
Err... could be wrong but I think he meant the camera view as in the OGL viewport?
-=aSe=-
Hi again,

Thnx by you reply...my main focus is in camera view as in the OGL viewport, so the idea is to implement a virtual environment to simulate a intelligent robot and camera moving recognition in virtual reality, to perform automatic tasks with autonomous reaction.

So... someone has any hint about it ?
Thnx in advance,
Thomas
Hi,

I could have misunderstood and stuff cos it''s not long since I started programming OGL but...

By OGL viewport you just mean like what''s on the OGL part of the screen? If yes, it might be worth having a look at NeHes game programming tutorials. I think I noticed you can take screenshots in that, maybe that will help?

Dave

P.S. Get ready to discard this post and go read another

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement