LRC check

Started by
4 comments, last by Pillejunior 22 years, 6 months ago
I am programming a program which will talk to a plc. I use the modbus protocol to communicate with it in C. But you have to do a LRC check and send that with the data. Does someone know how you do a LRC check? And if perhaps someone knows something more about the modbus protocol(how it works, where i can find more info)let me know. Thanx in advance
Advertisement
anyone?
We use modbus PLCs here, but I didn''t write the code for them. Are you sure it isn''t a CRC ?

Magmai Kai Holmlor
- Not For Rent
- The trade-off between price and quality does not exist in Japan. Rather, the idea that high quality brings on cost reduction is widely accepted.-- Tajima & Matsubara
No i am sure it is LRC check. Do you know anything about that. And do you know some documentation about modbus protocol?
We probably have some documentation around here somewhere... I peeked at our modbus code and it uses a CRC. And as I understand it, Modbus is an industry standard - so I'm about 99% certain it's a CRC. Perhaps cyclic begins with an L in another language??

And, oddly enough, there' a www.modbus.org

Edited by - Magmai Kai Holmlor on October 23, 2001 12:08:36 AM
- The trade-off between price and quality does not exist in Japan. Rather, the idea that high quality brings on cost reduction is widely accepted.-- Tajima & Matsubara
CRC = Cyclical Redundancy Check
LRC = Longitudinal Redundancy Check

LRC's tend to crop up in serial data communications. (Mixed memories from many many moons ago of getting a Nippondenso barcode reader to talk to an Archimedes ;-)

unsigned char get_lrc( unsigned char* data, int size ){    int i;    unsigned char sum = 0,    unsigned char checksum = 0xff;    for (i=0; i < size; ++i)    {        sum = sum + buf;<br>    }<br><br>    for (i=0; i<8; i++) <br>    {<br>        if ((sum & (1 << i)) > 0)<br>        {<br>            checksum = checksum & (0xff ^ (1 << i));<br>        }<br>    }<br><br>    ++checksum;<br><br>    return checksum;<br>}<br>    </pre>    <br>  <br><br>–<br>Simon O'Connor<br>Creative Asylum Ltd<br><A HREF="http://www.creative-asylum.com">www.creative-asylum.com</A><br><br><br><br>Edited by - S1CA on October 24, 2001 9:25:23 AM<br><br>Edited by - S1CA on October 24, 2001 9:26:23 AM    

Simon O'Connor | Technical Director (Newcastle) Lockwood Publishing | LinkedIn | Personal site

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement