• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
Dooleus

Looking for comments and critiques of my music

This topic is 1853 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hey there, I'm a multi-instrumentalist musician, composer, sound designer, etc. guy with a penchant for fakebit chiptunes which I make in Reason, electronic/orchestral hybrid stuff, and progressive, virtuosic rock. You can listen to my latest stuff here:

http://www.soundcloud.com/rob-dooley

I'd like to hear feedback regarding composition, production, and engineering. I think my stuff is pretty decent, but I feel like some of my orchestral and electronica tracks are a little on the dull side and I'd love to have someone pick them apart and give me some advice.

Thanks!

-Rob

Advertisement

The songs are melodic and groovy.  I dig 'em!  The biggest issue I noticed in some of your tracks (Especially 'Racing Time' and 'Data Mining') is that it sounds like every melodic instrument is panned right down the middle.  It sounds a bit cluttered and flat.  Of course I'm also listening to these on earbuds in a coffee shop.  Far from a perfect listening environment.  :D

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!