How to run this AI program(C++) ?

Started by
5 comments, last by jbadams 10 years, 11 months ago

Hello,

I have the source code of a book, but the project doesn't compile when I run it, it give me a message like this :

" Resources.rc(10) : fatal error RC1015: cannot open include file 'afxres.h'. "

the file is in the attachment, please anyone try and let me know how he compiled the project.

Advertisement

If I'm not mistaken, afxres.h is part of the MFC (Microsoft Foundation Classes).

well, then how to make the project find that file ?

And, at this point, it is no longer an AI problem. Moving thread.

Dave Mark - President and Lead Designer of Intrinsic Algorithm LLC
Professional consultant on game AI, mathematical modeling, simulation modeling
Co-founder and 10 year advisor of the GDC AI Summit
Author of the book, Behavioral Mathematics for Game AI
Blogs I write:
IA News - What's happening at IA | IA on AI - AI news and notes | Post-Play'em - Observations on AI of games I play

"Reducing the world to mathematical equations!"

This is a VC6 project file. VC6 is long dead. It was released fifteen years ago in 1998.

Assuming you did get a working MFC project going, your code will still not compile.

The code is assuming a version of Windows API from 1998.

It is assuming the language is from 1998. Before the C++ standard.

You can still read the code and learn theory from it, just understand that the code will not compile on a modern machine.

If you are really lucky, just replace the include of afxres.h with windows.h. Pretty much depends on the project and if you get a lot of errors about stuff not having been declared, it's not going to help.

f@dzhttp://festini.device-zero.de

If you're not having any luck, you could perhaps consider trying to contact this guy, who seems to have made it a bit of a mission to get old source samples to compile and run.

Personally, I'd probably either just try your best to learn from the theory, or look for more modern sources to learn from.

- Jason Astle-Adams

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement