Sparks Effect

Started by
36 comments, last by Medo Mex 10 years, 11 months ago

How do I create realistic sparks effect?

I used different textures but I couldn't get it to look like realistic sparks.

Can someone show me a simple texture for sparks? I'm not sure how the texture should look like (1 spark texture, few sparks texture, etc...)

I'm trying to accomplish something like this:

">
Advertisement

Are you using point-sprite billboards? lol

Well are you? Don't downvote me. I'm trying to help. Common...

Hi,

It's the first time to see your comment now, I'm not using point sprites, I'm using billboards.

If you look closely the sparks you can see that they aren't just camera facing quads (billboards), so you can't make the effect with just a texture. You'll need to use something like camera facing wide lines in order to give the sense of trail.

Cheers!

Do I have to use camera facing wide lines to create any realistic sparks effect?

Any example?

You got something here Volumetric lines.

@belfegor: What I know is that Volumetric lines can be used for laser beam, what that has to do with the particles engine?

@belfegor: What I know is that Volumetric lines can be used for laser beam, what that has to do with the particles engine?

They're also useful for elongating particles to simulate motion blur of particles moving faster than the frame-rate can depict.

Edit: The posted video was rendered in Blender which can simulate motion blur during the render process. For a real-time application such as a game, however, such motion blur tricks as Blender uses might not be feasible. In that case, you can use elongation of the particles to fake it.

Who says it can't be used in particle systems?

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement