• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
Leghola

N.E.W Project

This topic is 2029 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Dear all,

I'm Nicolas, a french developper of 35 years old.
I'm glad to show you my project today.

My project is named "NEW" for "Never Ending World" and it is an online RPG based on PVP gameplay. The world is composed of lot of islands and the goal is to conquest and control most of them and catch resources to grow up your own town.

Each player is affiliated to a town (like a Guild) and each town can be built in the same system of Anno or Age of Empires for example. Each building create a NPG and some new features in the town and for players.

At this moment, I created an editor and the off-line game-engine (I already developped an on-line project but not for "massive system")
The editor is able to create automatically an island (heightmap, structures, trees, grass, rocks, textures, ...) without my collaboration and need near 30 minutes for this.

The result is this :

1368354830-screenshot-12052013-122038.pn

1368354966-screenshot-12052013-122552.pn

1368355055-screenshot-12052013-122700.pn

1368355314-screenshot-12052013-122900.pn

I'm alone on this project and develop it on VB.net 2010 and Truevision 3d 6.5.
I bought licences for commercial use for Truevision 3d 6.5 and all meshes you can see !
My goal is to give a Beta release to maybe launching a Kickstarter project and have enough money to continue and add features.

To conclude, I give you a little video (sorry for the poor quality of it)

">

Thank you a lot !

Advertisement
Hello,

Tonight I'm finally ready to propose you to test the game engine ..
This is an engine in alpha but it has everything you need to begin in a good way and it's for me the biggest step for the projet. The step that give access to my work for the first time.

Yes, you will find bugs, the best known is that of the grass disappears at once (I'm working) but I really wanted to offer something a test to prove their work.

Here is the download link:

In the zip file, a Setup.exe to launch that will install "normally" everything you need to test. I'm not on board as unity or other system is independent of the so there may be surprises.For example, I do not certify the compatibility 64bit portability and no other than Windows now sorry.

Hoping that it gives you already want to find out more ...

thank you !
Uri

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

GameDev.net is your game development community. Create an account for your GameDev Portfolio and participate in the largest developer community in the games industry.

Sign me up!