• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

Reobirth: Intense 2D action RPG with custom animation tools

This topic is 1764 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hello all!

I'd like to share a project that I've been working on for the past 8 months, titled "Reobirth: Magic's Awakening" (www.reobirth.com)

I'm doing all of the design/artwork/programming, while all of the music is being handled by a talented musician (Ben Rawles). Reobirth includes a lot of the elements from your typical ARPG (leveling up, destroying monsters, exploring the overworld, solving puzzles, etc.), but it also introduces some unique features to the genre and a custom animation engine I've developed. If you guys have ever used Flash or Maya or most interpolation keyframed software, you'll understand the method. It's a joint-based 2D animation engine with physics, inverse kinematics, etc., to allow dynamic realtime animations. Everyone who purchases Reobirth will also receive the animation software to create their own animations and monsters and import them directly into Reobirth!

I'm here to publicly announce the project, but also looking for any interest and feedback. I don't yet have a playable demo (within the next couple of weeks hopefully), but I'm currently trying to raise funds to continue development through kickstarter.

If you guys could take a moment and check out the project (the kickstarter page includes a gameplay trailer, some footage of the animation engine and how it works, and descriptions of the game overall), let me know if it sounds like something you'd be interested in playing! Thanks so much!

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement