• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
Scene68

suggested framework to program text-based-games ( like mafia wars, travian, hollywood mogul etc)

This topic is 1957 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I recently tried to used MVC for a text based game. However, it appeared to me, that it became much complex to handle it when it grows bigger. The biggest problem i had been facing was the number of validations it requires on each step. That generates convoluted code algorithms, badly nested if-else conditions and ultimately lot of bugs in the logic.

I want some suggestion, on this, if there is some available framework that can help coding text based games in a better organized way?

Was looking into using Entity but unsure whether that would work well for a game of this kind that could be ported to any platform. Any replies will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Advertisement

Please don't cross-post to multiple forums -- choose only one forum where you feel your post fits well and post there, and a moderator will move it if necessary.  smile.png

This topic is 1957 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.