• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
foxefde

Directx tutorials?

This topic is 1858 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hello all,

Can anyone help me directx 11?I would really like to learn it, but i have no idea what with i should start.

I know c++ quite well.I found rastartek and braynzsoft tutorials,they seemed quite good for me ,but I think it's just wtf ,because first tutorial - like 500 lines of codes,who in the world can understand it with a bit of explanation?

I really need some tutorials !Would be amazing ,if these weren't the books ,because as english is forign language for me , it would be hard to learn it by reading that  books =/

Advertisement

If you really want to learn DirectX11 then the Rastertek tutorials are excellent... you will have to write quite a bit of code (there are lots of different things to set up when opening up a window from scratch), but it's reasonably well documented.

http://www.directxtutorial.com/LessonList.aspx?listid=11 has a lot more documentation if that helps, but you'll want to head back to Rastertek for more interesting effects.

Edited by Orangeatang

Also note that the official SDK documentation/tutorials/samples are quite good too.

Thanks for these answers,if you say so , i will try my best to learn directx with Ramstarek's tutorials then !

And ,Siri, maybe you got an account you aren't using ? (BRAYNZSOFT) ,because registration is bugged and without it it's impossible to download source.Maybe I would check that tutorials as well ,after Ramstartek! ;

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!