OpenGL

Started by
20 comments, last by lightxbulb 10 years, 11 months ago

I have this problme that when i am reading a book after 5 minutes of reading i notice that i didnt understad nothing and its not only in programming book its on every book I read its just too hart for me to understand from a book

Can you give a more concrete example? Like exactly what did you read these 5 minutes and what you didn't understand?

Advertisement

I have this problme that when i am reading a book after 5 minutes of reading i notice that i didnt understad nothing and its not only in programming book its on every book I read its just too hart for me to understand from a book

Can you give a more concrete example? Like exactly what did you read these 5 minutes and what you didn't understand?

Its not on one book only i almost EVERY book iread no mather waht the subject is programming,desaign,math,physucs ot just a book tjat i took from school

Its not on one book only i almost EVERY book iread no mather waht the subject is programming,desaign,math,physucs ot just a book tjat i took from school

Well then you have some serious problems tongue.png (that's a joke no offence intended).

I still think there's no better thing than books or a tutor when learning but whatever.

I asked what you find hard exactly - like what exactly did you have a problem with in the chapter you read?

I spent months reading up Arcsynthesis online book every now and then before I even tried to knock my own jury-rigged OpenGL stuff. Reading is something you won't be able to evade, and you're pretty much expected to bang your head against specs/references/tutorials/implementations/papers repeatedly until you understand them.

"I AM ZE EMPRAH OPENGL 3.3 THE CORE, I DEMAND FROM THEE ZE SHADERZ AND MATRIXEZ"

My journals: dustArtemis ECS framework and Making a Terrain Generator

Well then you have some serious problems tongue.png (that's a joke no offence intended).

I still think there's no better thing than books or a tutor when learning but whatever.

I asked what you find hard exactly - like what exactly did you have a problem with in the chapter you read?

I on the first chapter of "Beginning OpenGL Game Programming"....

Once again - I asked what you find hard in the chapter you're on - not what chapter you're on.

Cause I don't think you won't be able to understand:

"Why make games?" or "OpenGL History"

I mean if you want some help you should say where you got a problem - something concrete - like saying "I don't understand the graphics pipeline" or "I don't understand Matrix multiplication" etc.

This might be a pretty wild guess - but maybe you're not ready for OpenGL if you can't even understand the first chapter. Maybe you need to start with something easier - like a ready engine or something like that. For example you say that you finished learning the basics of C++ but I don't think basics will be enough for working with OpenGL...

Once again - I asked what you find hard in the chapter you're on - not what chapter you're on.

Cause I don't think you won't be able to understand:

"Why make games?" or "OpenGL History"

I mean if you want some help you should say where you got a problem - something concrete - like saying "I don't understand the graphics pipeline" or "I don't understand Matrix multiplication" etc.

This might be a pretty wild guess - but maybe you're not ready for OpenGL if you can't even understand the first chapter. Maybe you need to start with something easier - like a ready engine or something like that. For example you say that you finished learning the basics of C++ but I don't think basics will be enough for working with OpenGL...

My problme is not on any subject.

my problme is this first of all i have a problme with the english ... Its not my main lang.

second when I read something ,almost on 90% of the cases i forget it i just how i was born. I nead the combo of seeing and hearing to understand something no mather what it is becase if for example i go online for a written tut so i find myself copy every thing line by line..

But if i watch a tut in youtube i can understand what the meaning of this code.

I hope you understood and you an help me =)

Well I can't help you with the English "issue". I'm really a books person and I can think better if I read something - because I can re-read it and have time to analyze it deeper, rather than having to follow somebody's pace. I just can't imagine myself not using a book when it comes to programming. Well, I guess maybe if videos work for you it's good. The problem though is that there are not nearly as many videos on various programming subjects as there are articles/books etc. And in the end when you're coding it's code that you'll have to go through - so "reading" and understanding what's in there is important - you cannot bypass reading tons of code and analyzing it... I am sure the community can help you if it comes to a concrete problem - like explaining the graphics pipeline better for example - but you must make sure that the problem you're having is well defined.

Another thing you might consider is using an engine - like Unity3D for example - I believe it may suit you better - because I can hardly imagine somebody leaning to code with OpenGL or DirectX just from videos - I mean the topics are quite extensive and I don't believe they can be presented really well in just a few videos, or a few pages with images - you need hundred and hundred pages of text when it comes to this - imagine how many hours of video you'd need. That's just my opinion - it's not meant to discourage you rather to help you, so good luck!smile.png

Well I can't help you with the English "issue". I'm really a books person and I can think better if I read something - because I can re-read it and have time to analyze it deeper, rather than having to follow somebody's pace. I just can't imagine myself not using a book when it comes to programming. Well, I guess maybe if videos work for you it's good. The problem though is that there are not nearly as many videos on various programming subjects as there are articles/books etc. And in the end when you're coding it's code that you'll have to go through - so "reading" and understanding what's in there is important - you cannot bypass reading tons of code and analyzing it... I am sure the community can help you if it comes to a concrete problem - like explaining the graphics pipeline better for example - but you must make sure that the problem you're having is well defined.

Another thing you might consider is using an engine - like Unity3D for example - I believe it may suit you better - because I can hardly imagine somebody leaning to code with OpenGL or DirectX just from videos - I mean the topics are quite extensive and I don't believe they can be presented really well in just a few videos, or a few pages with images - you need hundred and hundred pages of text when it comes to this - imagine how many hours of video you'd need. That's just my opinion - it's not meant to discourage you rather to help you, so good luck!smile.png

i dont know c# for Unity3D and i dont want to know.

i know c++ and mybe the begining of java(but i dont wwana program with this)

if you have a engine or somthug easier for c++ i would be happy

Well you can check SFML, Ogre3D, Irrlitch and SDL; you can check torque too.

You can also check these tutorials:

http://www.rastertek.com/tutgl40.html

http://www.opengl-tutorial.org/

and see if you understand them.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement