I love py2exe :)!

Started by
5 comments, last by WavyVirus 10 years, 10 months ago

My first real product is being released in the next month (check pytext once a week, it will be online very very soon :0!).

I've been struggling with converting my .py files to .exe.

Then I came across py2exe! And in five minutes, my conversion was done smile.png!

I highly recommend them!

Cheers smile.png!

(Just trying to help others who are trying to distribute their python programs without making their users install python!)

I'm a game programmer and computer science ninja !

Here's my 2D RPG-Ish Platformer Programmed in Python + Pygame, with a Custom Level Editor and Rendering System!

Here's my Custom IDE / Debugger Programmed in Pure Python and Designed from the Ground Up for Programming Education!

Want to ask about Python, Flask, wxPython, Pygame, C++, HTML5, CSS3, Javascript, jQuery, C++, Vimscript, SFML 1.6 / 2.0, or anything else? Recruiting for a game development team and need a passionate programmer? Just want to talk about programming? Email me here:

hobohm.business@gmail.com

or Personal-Message me on here !

Advertisement

Thanks for sharing buddy. Exactly what I'm looking for.

Thanks for posting.

That is pretty cool. Do you know off hand if it has an issues with pygame and/or pyopenGL?

I love you too! Lol.

That requires that you package "Visual Studio 2005 Redistributable" along with your program.

I have only gotten a simple program packaged with py2exe to work on another computer 1 out of 6 times ... and have yet to get the ####ing program to work when using external libraries such as pygame .

I cannot remember the books I've read any more than the meals I have eaten; even so, they have made me.

~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

That is pretty cool. Do you know off hand if it has an issues with pygame and/or pyopenGL?

I tried converting a pygame project with py2exe, but without any luck. I didn't spend a great deal of time attempting to get it to work as I was just interested in trying the software out - it may well be possible with some tinkering.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement