• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

I love py2exe :)!

This topic is 1699 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

My first real product is being released in the next month (check pytext once a week, it will be online very very soon :0!).

I've been struggling with converting my .py files to .exe.

Then I came across py2exe! And in five minutes, my conversion was done smile.png!

I highly recommend them!

Cheers smile.png!

(Just trying to help others who are trying to distribute their python programs without making their users install python!)

Edited by superman3275

Advertisement

That is pretty cool. Do you know off hand if it has an issues with pygame and/or pyopenGL?

Edited by latch

That requires that you package "Visual Studio 2005 Redistributable"  along with your program.

I have only gotten a simple program packaged with py2exe to work on another computer 1 out of 6 times ... and have yet to get the ####ing program to work when using external libraries such as pygame .

Edited by Shippou

That is pretty cool. Do you know off hand if it has an issues with pygame and/or pyopenGL?

I tried converting a pygame project with py2exe, but without any luck. I didn't spend a great deal of time attempting to get it to work as I was just interested in trying the software out - it may well be possible with some tinkering.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement