Sign in to follow this  
tRicky060606

I have a big problen with Netbeans 7.1.2

I'm in the process of writing an alternative to hardware acceleration without using raycasting. Its based on taking the screen as a sheet and moving that as a whole.

While i have much done the thing that is a current problem is getting it on the screen.

The problem is how. In c/c++ i could use createbitmapindirect, slow but possible and there might be a faster way but i want to do it in Java. The problem is how? In the manual it saysuse MemoryImageSource. Tried and failed. Why? Netbeans can't find it! I searched and found it easily and can't see why Netbeans can't. Its been imported correctly, even copied and paste. Does anyone have a clue what to next?

NetBeans puts a red wiggly line under it and says it can't find it. In other words it is not defined anywhere. I found it by looking in a zip file and found that out by looking for Image.

Here are the imports:

import java.awt.Image.*;
import java.awt.Image.MemoryImageSource;

MemoryImageSource package and class do not exist according to NetBeans but it does!

I downloaded NetBeans 7.3 and get the same problem but also can't find it manually.

I'm creating a library so breakpoints are worthless. It is simple symbol not found issue.

java.awt.Image.MemoryImageSource is part of the AWT library, included in any JDK of the last 15-20 years. Failure to find it requires a seriously damaged installation of Java and/or Netbeans or a bad project configuration (where do you specify the classpath for compiling and running your project?).