• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

Unity C# Unity Programmer Needed

This topic is 1703 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hey guys, my name is Kyle. I am making a game development company called Night Light Industries. I have about 5 years of 3d modeling and animation experience and have decided to make a game with some friends. One is a network and graphics programmer and the other is more app focused I belive. However, these friends do not have as much time to work on this as I would like and one is currently interning at Google and can not help.

Thus, I come to this site to try to find a few c# programmers to program this game in Unity. The game would be similar to WoW Battlegrounds, with many eventual game styles, the first being a 10v10 siege style game. There will be at least 15 classes or characters, but only 4 for the alpha and beta. Most planning for the game is done, just need to model and program now. I plan to have all the models and animations for the alpha and beta done by the end of summer. I will be using Maya, Mudbox, Motionbuilder, and Kinect to do this.

There is a certain direction I want this company to go. I want to get this game out, get noticed for it, and propel this team into full production. The goal being to get a large studio built in Seattle. In order to do this I need to make a tight nit team. I need cooperation and the ability to get into contact with all members for online meetings. The incentive to work on this project is interesting and may not work for most. I don't want a large team for this game. I would prefer a small group of 4-5 people. This is due to the fact that I will be watching participation of each member and if it is equal, when the game launches, some money will go into the company and the rest split almost equally among the members. By the launch of this game I have no doubt that the members will be a tight team anyway; this will be an experience.

This game will be free to play, but there will be asthetic items and special classes to buy, as well as a twist that can not be discussed here. Once anyone interested is briefed further and signs all the necessary non-disclosure agreements the details of the game will be reveiled.

I would like to clarify that I did not post here to recieve negative feedback; this post is for those people seriously interested. All others should be prepared to see Night Light Industries around real soon.

Looking forward to seeing some takers,

Kyle Klouda

Night Light Industries, LLC

nightlightindustries@gmail.com

Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement
  • Advertisement
  • Popular Now

• Advertisement
  • Similar Content

• By Chamferbox
      Chamferbox, a mini game asset store has just opened with some nice game assets, 
      Here you can find a free greek statue asset 

Also check their dragon, zombie dragon and scorpion monster out:

They're running the Grand Opening Sale, it's 30% off for all items, but for gamedev member, you can use this coupon code:
      GRANDOPEN
      to get 50% off prices What are you waiting for, go to
      http://chamferbox.com
      and get those models now!

View full story
    • By Dafu
      FES Retro Game Framework is now available on the Unity Asset Store for your kind consideration!
      FES was born when I set out to start a retro pixel game project. I was looking around for an engine to try next. I tried a number of things, from GameMaker, to Fantasy Consoles, to MonoGame and Godot and then ended up back at Unity. Unity is just unbeatable in it's cross-platform support, and ease of deployment, but it sure as heck gets in the way of proper retro pixel games!
      So I poured over the Unity pipeline and found the lowest levels I could tie into and bring up a new retro game engine inside of Unity, but with a completely different source-code-only, classic game-loop retro blitting and bleeping API. Months of polishing and tweaking later I ended up with FES.
      Some FES features:
      Pixel perfect rendering RGB and Indexed color mode, with palette swapping support Primitive shape rendering, lines, rectangles, ellipses, pixels Multi-layered tilemaps with TMX file support Offscreen rendering Text rendering, with text alignment, overflow settings, and custom pixel font support Clipping Sound and Music APIs Simplified Input handling Wide pixel support (think Atari 2600) Post processing and transition effects, such as scanlines, screen wipes, screen shake, fade, pixelate and more Deploy to all Unity supported platforms I've put in lots of hours into a very detail documentation, you can flip through it here to get an better glimpse at the features and general overview: http://www.pixeltrollgames.com/fes/docs/index.html
      FES is carefully designed and well optimized (see live stress test demo below). Internally it uses batching, it chunks tilemaps, is careful about memory allocations, and tries to be smart about any heavy operations.
      Please have a quick look at the screenshots and live demos below and let me know what you think! I'd love to hear some opinions, feedback and questions!
      I hope I've tickled your retro feels!

More images at: https://imgur.com/a/LFMAc
      Live demo feature reel: https://simmer.io/@Dafu/fes
      Live blitting stress test: https://simmer.io/@Dafu/fes-drawstress
      Unity Asset Store: https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/#!/content/102064

View full story
    • By DevdogUnity

Ho ho ho
      Tis the season of Christmas surprises, and we have a awesome one for you! 🎅  
      Sponsored by all your favorite Unity Asset Store developers, Nordic Game Jam, Pocket Gamer Connects, and co-hosted by Game Analytics, we (Joris and I – Devdog) are launching the second edition of our yearly Christmas Giveaway Calendar for all Unity game developers!
      You can already now sign up right here.

So what’s this all about?
      For the past weeks, we’ve been collecting sponsored gifts related to Unity (asset vouchers, product keys, conference tickets etc.), and throughout each day of December leading up to Christmas Day on the 25th, we will be sending out these sponsored gifts as early gamedev Christmas presents via e-mail to hundreds of lucky winners.
      The total prize pool is at $35,000, with over 1200 presents donated by the awesome sponsors!

Merry Christmas from Devdog, Game Analytics, and every single one of the sponsors.

View full story
    • By sveta_itseez3D
      itSeez3D, a leading developer of mobile 3d scanning software, announced today a new SDK for its automatic 3D avatar generation technology, Avatar SDK for Unity. The Avatar SDK for Unity is a robust plug-n-play toolset which enables developers and creatives to integrate realistic user-generated 3D avatars into their Unity-based applications. SDK users can allow players to create their own avatars in the application or integrate the SDK into their own production processes for character design and animation.
      “Virtual avatars have recently become increasingly popular, especially in sports games and social VR apps. With the advance of VR and AR, the demand to get humans into the digital world is only increasing”, said Victor Erukhimov, itSeez3D CEO. “Our new Avatar SDK for Unity makes it super-easy to bring the avatar technology into any Unity-based game or VR/AR experience. With the Avatar SDK for Unity now every developer can bring face scanning technology into their games and allow players to create their own personalized in-game avatars, making the gameplay much more exciting and immersive.”
      Key features of the Avatar SDK for Unity:
      Automatic generation of a color 3D face model from a single selfie photo in 5-10 seconds (!). Works best with selfies, but can be used with any portrait photo.
      Shape and texture of the head model are unique for each person, synthesized with a deep learning algorithm crafted by computer vision experts
      Head models support runtime blendshape facial animations (45 different expressions)
      Generated 3D heads include eyes, mouth, and teeth
      Algorithms synthesize 3D meshes in mid-poly resolution, ~12k vertices, and ~24k triangles
      Six predefined hairstyles with hair-recoloring feature (many more available on request)
      Avatar generation API can be used in design-time and in run-time, which means you can allow users to create their own avatars in your game
      Cloud version is cross-platform, and offline version currently works on PCs with 64-bit Windows (support for more platforms is coming soon)
      Well-documented samples showcasing the functionality.

Availability
      The Avatar SDK for Unity is offered in two modes - “Cloud” and “Offline”. The “Cloud” version is available at http://avatarsdk.com/ and the “Offline” version is available by request at support@itseez3d.com.
      ###
      About itSeez3D
      At itSeez3D, we are working on the computer vision technology that turns mobile devices into powerful 3D scanners. itSeez3D has developed the world's first mobile 3D scanning application that allows to create high-resolution photorealistic 3D models of people's' faces, bodies and objects. The application is available for iOS and Windows OS mobile devices powered with 3D cameras. In 2016 the company introduced Avatar SDK that creates a realistic 3D model of a face from a single selfie photo. To learn more about itSeez3D scanning software and 3D avatar creation technology, please visit www.itseez3d.com and www.avatarsdk.com.

View full story
    • By khawk
      Unity has posted the Unity Austin 2017 playlist on YouTube. From their tweet:
      View the full playlist at https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLX2vGYjWbI0TI_C4qouDw7MSSTFhKJ6uS or below:

View full story
  • Advertisement