• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
game of thought

OpenGL 3?

This topic is 1854 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Before anybody says thats an old version i am aware. Unfortunatley, even with mesa i can only support up to that as Intel HD 3000 is the best i have.

I have done C for around 3 months and i believe that i have established a reasonable base in it. I believe i know all the basics (structs, headers, dynamic memory allocation, bitwise to a certain degree etc.).

What i wanted to know if it would be reasonable to start learning opengl with this(not c++ as i have had bad experiences with it prior). And also it would be nice to know anything hardware specific i would need to know(as Intel HD is notoriously bad for opengl AFAIK).

Thanks

Advertisement

Calls to OpenGL are the same in C, C++, Java, and probably any other wrapper for the C bindings out there. And if they're different, you probably came across some framework rather than a wrapper. So I don't think you will have problems with that.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!