What console are you buying in 2013?

Started by
94 comments, last by Mike.Popoloski 10 years, 6 months ago

http://www.gamepop.tv/

has already signed up the top tablet and phone developers ... whilst ouya just hopes they will turn up!

Advertisement

whilst ouya just hopes they will turn up!

And it worked out for them because they have a ton of launch content.

has already signed up the top tablet and phone developers ... whilst ouya just hopes they will turn up!

Ouya has a ton of support... what are you talking about?

My website! yodamanjer.com
My development blog!

Follow me on Twitter! [twitter]jwg1991[/twitter]

I backed the ouya but had pretty much forgotten about it because it's taken so long.

I just got the email saying they've shipped it... but I paid for an extra controller, which isn't mentioned in the email (it just says 1xOuya and 1xController), and they've shipped it to my old address, where I lived a year ago when ordering it.

In august last year, they sent me a message on kickstarter saying "Also, in the beginning of 2013, we’ll be sending you another reward survey so you can provide your shipping information – this is where you’ll input your official ship-to address and clarify any special shipping information", which is what every other project I've backed has also done... but they didn't send out this confirmation of address as promised, and have just shipped it to the wrong place.

Not off to a good start with my ouya experience unsure.png

I'm getting a $250 Wii U for Christmas. Low-price, High-quality, no DRM or potential of DRM. Priceless.

Beginner in Game Development?  Read here. And read here.

In august last year, they sent me a message on kickstarter saying "Also, in the beginning of 2013, we’ll be sending you another reward survey so you can provide your shipping information – this is where you’ll input your official ship-to address and clarify any special shipping information", which is what every other project I've backed has also done... but they didn't send out this confirmation of address as promised, and have just shipped it to the wrong place.

Not off to a good start with my ouya experience unsure.png

That's crappy :/ That seems like such an obvious thing to do before shipping stuff.

Xbox News

PS4 News

WiiU News

Beginner in Game Development?  Read here. And read here.

This week I am going to rent a PS3 to play The Last of Us. It will be the first time in 5 years where I've played a game on a console. Everything that has vaguely interested me on consoles has come out on pc.

And to be honest I'd much rather play The Last of Us on pc. I hate the ps3 controller, I'd much rather us kb/m and when that doesn't suit the game, the Xbox controller is way nicer.

So I won't be buying a console, but I will be upgrading my pc. And I can't wait to play Star Citizen on an oculus once it comes out.
if you think programming is like sex, you probably haven't done much of either.-------------- - capn_midnight

And to be honest I'd much rather play The Last of Us on pc. I hate the ps3 controller, I'd much rather us kb/m and when that doesn't suit the game, the Xbox controller is way nicer.

buy an after-glow third party, they make ps3 controllers like the 360. it's what i did. that's one thing i hate about the ps3, those damn nubs are shitty by comparison to the 360's.

Check out https://www.facebook.com/LiquidGames for some great games made by me on the Playstation Mobile market.

My laptop outperforms any console by much. laugh.png I can get almost all the major video game titles but also can get thousands of games not available to consoles!

The next purchase will probably be something with the NVidia - GTX Titan in it (Titan even supports quad SLI !) when the price comes down some. It even fits better in a computer case than all the others, runs cooler, and is quieter than others.

This is what consoles have for competition over the next few years, a graphics chip designed for supercomputers in a gaming computer:

http://www.nvidia.com/titan-graphics-card

Keep the toys: I will be enjoying adult hardware and game controllers - thank you very much! laugh.png

Clinton

Personal life and your private thoughts always effect your career. Research is the intellectual backbone of game development and the first order. Version Control is crucial for full management of applications and software. The better the workflow pipeline, then the greater the potential output for a quality game. Completing projects is the last but finest order.

by Clinton, 3Ddreamer

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement