What console are you buying in 2013?

Started by
94 comments, last by Mike.Popoloski 10 years, 5 months ago

And it worked out for them because they have a ton of launch content

Tomorrow is launch day and the best Ouya game available now is The Amazing Frog ... where is this "ton of launch content" ???

Advertisement

I don't even own a TV, never really saw the purpose in one, you should see the look on peoples face when they come over to mine for the first its so priceless, no TV, microwave or even sugar :O Then again I don't even play any games anymore, and no I am not a hard bitch to please im just not into mediocre gameplay + pretty graphics. Sometimes I feel game companies spend more time making things pretty than actually focusing on the content

I may eventually get a Wii U for Pikmin 3 because I have been waiting for it for a long time. I doubt that I will get a PS4, at least for a long time -- maybe if Fumito Ueda's Last Guardian ever surfaces but that seems increasingly unlikely at this point. I've never owned an XBox of any kind because there was never a game I really wanted that was XBox exclusive. I'm kind of burned out on console games, I guess, and may just skip this generation: everything seems like more of the same to me and I find myself not playing the consoles I already have so it just starts feeling really wasteful or something.

I've got a PS4 on pre-order currently. I'm a big fan of the Xbox 360 so originally I pre-ordered the Xbox One but when I heard about the always on Kinect I decided against it.

This'll be a big change for me as I've had an Xbox since the very first one was released in 2002 (in Europe). Hopefully I haven't made a bad decision.

In spite of the fact that it requires an internet connection, I plan on getting the Xbox One. The media capabilities are interesting and I like the specs.

I also need a Wii U. I'm not too happy with Nintendo's seeming fight against adopting newer technology, but until they give up their hardware development and become fully software-based, I'll have to buy their crappy hardware to get my Mario fix. sad.png

In spite of the fact that it requires an internet connection, I plan on getting the Xbox One. The media capabilities are interesting and I like the specs.

haven't been keeping up with the latest have you? required internet connection is gone.

Check out https://www.facebook.com/LiquidGames for some great games made by me on the Playstation Mobile market.

haven't been keeping up with the latest have you? required internet connection is gone.

No, I haven't... sleep.png

BUT, YAY!!laugh.png

IMO: It is way too soon to judge either of these next-gen consoles XBOX/PS4 (Now the companies? That may be another story). I selected None for the poll but I am just waiting to see what each offer. If the past/current gen is any evidence to the marketing plan for the new consoles, I don't want anything at launch.

We saw redesigns for all consoles (XBOX/PS3/WII) and large price drops across a fairly short amount of time considering the life span of the generation. I can't justify spending the money on these consoles anymore at launch. I'm sure if I hold out long enough, we'll be able to pick up the second iteration of these consoles with a solid bundle, larger hard drive and lower price.

We saw redesigns for all consoles (XBOX/PS3/WII) and large price drops across a fairly short amount of time considering the life span of the generation. I can't justify spending the money on these consoles anymore at launch. I'm sure if I hold out long enough, we'll be able to pick up the second iteration of these consoles with a solid bundle, larger hard drive and lower price.

Also, I feel like MS is releasing at a higher price point because they know they'll probably be sold out for 6 months anyway. Then they can just announce a price drop at E3 if they need to when supply and demand are a little closer and get all the public image benefit of a price drop even though they'd just be dropping price to match more than likely.

Watch Dogs is gonna be so hard to miss out on at launch though :'(
While it isn't a console, my oculus rift showed up this week and I am stoked to build something for it. I see a lot of potential for the oculus.
My current game project Platform RPG

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement