What console are you buying in 2013?

Started by
94 comments, last by Mike.Popoloski 10 years, 6 months ago

Just wondering what consoles people are going to buy and why. For me, it might be the Wii U. I have a love for old-school games and I have a feeling the console is going to get a price drop when PS4 and The One release. I'm not totally sold on the all-in-one experience that MS and Sony provide. And also, I'm not a fan of Internet-always on consoles or being charged for used games.

Beginner in Game Development?  Read here. And read here.

Advertisement

SteamBox! :P

SlimDX | Ventspace Blog | Twitter | Diverse teams make better games. I am currently hiring capable C++ engine developers in Baltimore, MD.
Remember this is not an either-or decision. Many people own more than one.

Right now none of them have me excited. When the games start coming out something might catch my interest, then I'll make a decision based on the platform's content.

Nothing at all. Last console I had was a Playstation 1. I'll keep my current desktop as it is. i5 2500K, GTX 560 Ti 1Gb (this one is going to suffer :P) plus 16Gb of DDR3.

"I AM ZE EMPRAH OPENGL 3.3 THE CORE, I DEMAND FROM THEE ZE SHADERZ AND MATRIXEZ"

My journals: dustArtemis ECS framework and Making a Terrain Generator

It's likely Xbox is going to be me and my friends next-gen console as it was this gen. I just don't see the PS4 offering anything substancially superiour to the xbox.

Check out https://www.facebook.com/LiquidGames for some great games made by me on the Playstation Mobile market.

Remember this is not an either-or decision. Many people own more than one.

The votes are multiple choice. You can vote for more than one :)

I just don't see the PS4 offering anything substancially superiour to the xbox.

Perhaps the price. The new XBOX One looks like it might be really pricey with the kind of specs they are boasting. (8gb of RAM, 8 core CPU)

Stay gold, Pony Boy.

For me, it might be the Wii U.

Have you tried one before? For oldschool games it might be decent, but my boss has one and hates it (I think mostly because the touch screen is resistive and not capacitive (i.e. not very good)), saying it seemed like a regular Wii with a poor touch screen added.

I voted Ouya and Xbox One. My work already bought me an Ouya, and at work we have a couple. They are *awesome* when it comes to playing old school games on an emulator (kinda sucks you can't get ROMs legally), but then again I might have been just as happy with the Wii U (but then again, Wii U can't do SEGA gamesedit: perhaps I was mistaken).

I might get an Xbox One. And by I, I mean my parents/family. I hate the idea that some games might require an always on connection (but then again, I hardly game anymore). I'm not sure how the all-in-one experience is, but it might be nice for my parents. I guess we'll see.

[size=2][ I was ninja'd 71 times before I stopped counting a long time ago ] [ f.k.a. MikeTacular ] [ My Blog ] [ SWFer: Gaplessly looped MP3s in your Flash games ]

I just don't see the PS4 offering anything substancially superiour to the xbox.

Perhaps the price. The new XBOX One looks like it might be really pricey with the kind of specs they are boasting. (8gb of RAM, 8 core CPU)

Doesn't the PS4 have the same specs?

Have you tried one before? For oldschool games it might be decent, but my boss has one and hates it (I think mostly because the touch screen is resistive and not capacitive (i.e. not very good)).

Actually I have that's why I'm considering it.

I voted Ouya and Xbox One. My work already bought me an Ouya, and at work we have a couple. They are *awesome* when it comes to playing old school games on an emulator (kinda sucks you can't get ROMs legally), but then again I might have been just as happy with the Wii U (but then again, Wii U can't do SEGA games).

Wii U can't do SEGA games? Since when? I heard that Sonic was coming to the Wii U. But really, when couldn't SEGA do the Wii U?

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement