• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
BuraCULa

Bumpy grass on terrain

This topic is 1932 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hello.

I am trying to make my flat terrain a little bumpy and I saw Outerra's old implementation.

grass1n.jpg

It looks pretty well but I couldn't figure it out. It seem POM is used but I tried lots of combinations with POM and normal mapping and I couldn't achieve that sight.

Do you have any idea about how to achieve such a perfect bumps on grass.

Advertisement
it does look very good :)
varying foliage is usually done by wang-tiles Edited by Kaptein

I don't have the first idea about how the terrain in that video is achieved (and I haven't read that thread posted, either), but one thing I notice is that there seem to be at least two different types of LOD at work, because I notice geometry sliding in and out as well as some discrete pops.

I wonder if maybe it isn't possible that the combination of LOD geometry and some kind of "fancy" lighting (this comes to mind) is sufficient even without parallax occlusion mapping.

Edited by cowsarenotevil

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!