• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
souliaq

OpenGL 2D Game library that uses OpenGL but works great with Linux

This topic is 2034 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I'm looking for a library like "cocos2d-x" that abstracts the OpenGL library for 2D games. I don't need to make 3D games, I'm just need all power of OpenGL for a 2D game. The problem with "cocos2d-x" is have a poor support for Linux (not stable only "usable") and requires a relative high version of OpenGL, that means a lot of "middle age" computers will not run the game. Don't matter if such library don't manages sound or events, I can complement this with SDL. Thanks in advance!

Advertisement

I agree with Sponji. SFML works well for me on Linux. Since the code is exactly the same, it's just a matter of changing how you compile your program.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

GameDev.net is your game development community. Create an account for your GameDev Portfolio and participate in the largest developer community in the games industry.

Sign me up!