Breaking in by helping to drive a website

Started by
-1 comments, last by Mathew Anderson 10 years, 10 months ago

I got started in the industry by volunteering as a news editor for a media website, Stratics.com. I never thought at the time that I would actually make it as a community manager, or have my own site for that matter, but it happened! I want to provide that opportunity to others now.

I've had a website for game industry events for almost five years now. Called Events For Gamers at www.eventsforgamers.com, it consolidates and organizes game industry events into one area. Right now this is a small group project, but it could be more with the right help behind it, and we really need it. I was hoping some of you here would be interested. Here is what we are looking for currently:

- News editors/writers

- Forum moderators/community evangelists

- Website developers

- Marketing assistant

- ??? (What do you see we need?)

If you have an interest in one of these areas, a website like Events For Gamers on your resume is a great way to show that you took the initiative to get started in some way. I did it this way, so I know at least for some it can work.

Please let me know if you have any questions about the site and how you can be a part of it. I'm hoping you will join us! Thanks in advance smile.png.

Mathew Anderson
Community Manager

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement