• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
Mathew Anderson

Breaking in by helping to drive a website

This topic is 1945 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I got started in the industry by volunteering as a news editor for a media website, Stratics.com. I never thought at the time that I would actually make it as a community manager, or have my own site for that matter, but it happened! I want to provide that opportunity to others now.

I've had a website for game industry events for almost five years now. Called Events For Gamers at www.eventsforgamers.com, it consolidates and organizes game industry events into one area. Right now this is a small group project, but it could be more with the right help behind it, and we really need it. I was hoping some of you here would be interested. Here is what we are looking for currently:

- News editors/writers

- Forum moderators/community evangelists

- Website developers

- Marketing assistant

- ??? (What do you see we need?)

If you have an interest in one of these areas, a website like Events For Gamers on your resume is a great way to show that you took the initiative to get started in some way. I did it this way, so I know at least for some it can work.

Please let me know if you have any questions about the site and how you can be a part of it. I'm hoping you will join us! Thanks in advance smile.png.

Edited by Mathew Anderson

Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!