Unique Tetris games you've written?

Started by
16 comments, last by Vexal 10 years, 10 months ago

Post videos / screenshots, etc of unique Tetris games you've written here! I'll start with this one I wrote a while back in Java. It's Tetris where all the blocks are full desktop windows.

Advertisement

Ha! That's great!

Neither a game nor done by me but it's a classic and fun to watch:

Unfortunately I haven't the game on this PC, Unis. A beginner tetris variant, where all blocks had only one square!

Now there's no need to wait for the dreaded long line block, instead every block will fit.

(It was made for a sort of crap game compo back in 2005, a remake of Cascade's 50 game cassette)

Fruny: Ftagn! Ia! Ia! std::time_put_byname! Mglui naflftagn std::codecvt eY'ha-nthlei!,char,mbstate_t>

I've made this 3d tetris 10 years ago smile.png . It even have an AI that play when you don't do anything on the start menu for 15 seconds.

Tetrix3D.jpg

I've made this 3d tetris 10 years ago smile.png . It even have an AI that play when you don't do anything on the start menu for 15 seconds.

Tetrix3D.jpg

That is really cool smile.png

“If I understand the standard right it is legal and safe to do this but the resulting value could be anything.”

The communist Tetris is humorous.

Yeah, the 3D one is really cool. Can you move the blocks under parts you can't see at all?

Yeah, the 3D one is really cool. Can you move the blocks under parts you can't see at all?

Yes, if the block fit in the space, you can move it under other pieces. Still, the game is a bit hard to play when a lot of blocks start piling up. I got the idea from an old nes games i had when i was a kid (but it wasn't real 3d like this). The AI can play it flawlessly though. You can also rotate the view, pausing the game at the same time to get an better view, and create your own custom blocks.

If you wanna try it, i got the last build here, but it only support a maximum resolution of 800x600 (has i said, this was my first 3d game and was made 10 years ago).

I might recode it with my new engine if i have the time for it. The sounds fx are a bit annoying and can be turned off in the options menu. You can also choose the size of the grid there.

Did you ever think of having a view from each side of the playing field rendered alongside each other? I'll try your build.

Oh, here's another Tetris game I made -- it's a 2.5D Tetris / platformer hybrid where you control your platformer character with WASD and the tetris pieces with the arrow keys. I never made a full 3D version like yours, though.
The only video I have is a video of me presenting the game at a 24hr hackathon. The gameplay demonstration starts at about 45 seconds.

Did you ever think of having a view from each side of the playing field rendered alongside each other? I'll try your build.

Yea, but i ran out of screen space... lol. That was what was suppose to be in the lower right corner. With widescreen monitor nowaday that would be more fesable, or a complete UI redesign.

The video is cool, nice game concept too, but it's a bit hard to see the screen.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement