Unique Tetris games you've written?

Started by
16 comments, last by Vexal 10 years, 10 months ago

Yeah it is hard to see the screen. And hard to hear my voice too. I did end up winning though with that submission. I got bored of the game after that hackathon so I never finished it beyond whats shown in the video.

Advertisement

I dunno how you managed to do that in 24h... with collision detection and all.

Collision detection for something like that is rather easy actually, it's literally just check against a 2D array. This thing has about the same physics and I took like 10 minutes to code that part, and I could probably have done it faster if I had tried.

As for the original topic, I haven't coded any tetris games, so =/ There are some weird tetris games though, like Glasnos 3 on DOS (the grid is turned 90º so pieces fall to the right, not all pieces have standard shapes and there are also items you can get to increase the score, get weapons and such). There's also Tetris Deluxe which doesn't really have anything unusual (besides maybe allowing to use non-standard pieces), but it's amusing in that it uses text mode with custom graphics (it has hi-res graphics on a 4.77MHz 8088, take your guess =P).

Don't pay much attention to "the hedgehog" in my nick, it's just because "Sik" was already taken =/ By the way, Sik is pronounced like seek, not like sick.

Yeah, the collision detection for that was fairly simple. Just check if the bounds of the circle lies within the bounds of the cubes, and check if the active tetris piece intersects occupied spaces. There's no collision with arbitrarily shaped objects.

I've made this 3d tetris 10 years ago smile.png . It even have an AI that play when you don't do anything on the start menu for 15 seconds.

Tetrix3D.jpg

damn, that is epic!

edit: i've written one tetris game, when i was learning PS1Light for the ps3, and using the rsx, it was in no way unique, or anything, just regular old home-brew tetris:

[media="

"]
[/media]

Check out https://www.facebook.com/LiquidGames for some great games made by me on the Playstation Mobile market.

Found the project for Unis, here you go :)

Download from here

thumb_unis.png

Fruny: Ftagn! Ia! Ia! std::time_put_byname! Mglui naflftagn std::codecvt eY'ha-nthlei!,char,mbstate_t>

I've made this 3d tetris 10 years ago smile.png . It even have an AI that play when you don't do anything on the start menu for 15 seconds.

Tetrix3D.jpg

You need to put that game on every available mobile, tablet, and console possible and Be Rich B****h!TM

Beginner in Game Development?  Read here. And read here.

If anyone's interested, I uploaded the java source and eclipse project for Window Tetris to github. It's old, though -- from 2006. https://github.com/Vexal/WindowTetris.git

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement