Im new and looking for Language + Framework to start with.

Started by
10 comments, last by 3Ddreamer 10 years, 10 months ago

Wow. Take it easy. No need for personal attacks. Underlining for emphasis.

Did you even fully read my post? I didn't say C++ was the head start. I think some more reading is needed there.

Honestly, it may just before hobby now, but you never know if it'll grow into something more. I'd still say prep to learn or learn C++ for that "Just in case" chance for a language. This way, if it grows from being just a hobby to something you really want to do, you've already got a head start with experience even if you use another language when it's just a hobby for you (Which will make it easier) when you do have to use C++. Just keep the others' suggestions in mind as well as this and if it does grow more than a hobby, you have everyone here to think because you were fully prepared. Me, I'm charging through with C++ as my first actual programming language ( I say "Actual" as I don't consider HTML as a programming language even though I have experience with it and know it is) and I'm learning it quite well, just have a few chinks to work out.

Advertisement

If this is only a hobby, then stay the @#%*#!! away from C++.

Personal life and your private thoughts always effect your career. Research is the intellectual backbone of game development and the first order. Version Control is crucial for full management of applications and software. The better the workflow pipeline, then the greater the potential output for a quality game. Completing projects is the last but finest order.

by Clinton, 3Ddreamer

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement