Name for Concept Character

Started by
2 comments, last by Zionmoose 10 years, 10 months ago

Logo_No_Background_zpsb2c1f374.png

I am looking for some suggestions/inspirations for the name of this character.

He is from Australia and the time frame is in the mid 22nd century, about 2130 or so. He is a blue-collar working type of guy; A bit rough around the edges but a family loving man. He works in a futuristic factory to provide for his kin. He will have one of the most essential roles in the story of our game, so his name is very important to us.

So if you are interested in helping us shape this character, feel free to drop a line and tell us what sort of name you think suits him. Thanks!

NathanWalkerFinalConcept_zpsa3bf768d.jpg

-=Cryoshock Studios=-

Owner/Developer

Skype - Zionmoose

Email - Shane.Padgett.512@gmail.com

Advertisement

I personally think that if your character has been explored to a certain depth, and you know his personality and history well enough, when you look through a naming database something will just... stand out to you. Which in turn, makes it difficult for people to suggest names, as very often, no one suggests anything that really hits the nail on the head.

At a very basic level, I'd stay away from common names such as "Jack", "John", "Brad" and so on, to avoid him being seen as the stock standard two dimensional brown haired character. At the same time, as far as I can see, something complex (eg, Charles Kensington the Third) wouldn't suit him so well either, so stay away from anything too out there. Perhaps a longer name that can be shortened easily to a buddy-buddy nickname?

That said, I don't know about anyone else, but frankly, not knowing anything about the premise or history (because, well, spoilers and disclosure on your behalf), I don't feel qualified to suggest too many names. Good luck in your search, though!

When I lived in Australia, I got the sense that several first names was very common. Mainly using just one, of course. Like Graham George Murdoch, Benjamin Philip Ayers, etc. Maybe something in that fashion?

Petter Stenberg Hansen

3d artist/Developer

10ahead Games

www.10aheadgames.com

When I lived in Australia, I got the sense that several first names was very common. Mainly using just one, of course. Like Graham George Murdoch, Benjamin Philip Ayers, etc. Maybe something in that fashion?

Very interesting. I will keep that in mind.

-=Cryoshock Studios=-

Owner/Developer

Skype - Zionmoose

Email - Shane.Padgett.512@gmail.com

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement