The movie thread.

Started by
79 comments, last by frob 9 years, 10 months ago
seriously, how does gamedev not have a movie thread?(unless my searches have failed me) post about the last (or last few) movies you've watched.

The last 3 weeks i've gone and seen fast+furious 6, hangover 3, star trek: into darkness, and iron man 3.

I personally loved hangover 3, and the new trek.
iron man 3 was pretty good, and fast+furious 6 was defiantly decent, but i've never really been a car guy, so i'm more their for the popcorn action.
Check out https://www.facebook.com/LiquidGames for some great games made by me on the Playstation Mobile market.
Advertisement

seriously, how does gamedev not have a movie thread?

Oluseyi hasn't been around in awhile...

Anyway, to contribute:

New movies: Iron Man 3, Star Trek, Gatsby

Older movies: Birdemic, Primer

Movies I'm going to see soon: Now You See Me, Man of Steel

My thoughts on them:

Iron Man 3: Better than the second, but not as good as the first. I think the Iron Man series never really had a good, solid villan. I would have liked to see a better villan.

Star Trek: Awesome. I really enjoyed it. I kept thinking of Smauglock Holmes, though, to be honest. I've never seen the older Star Treks, so now I want to see The Wrath of Kahn because apparently it is pretty much the same (but since they're on a different timeline from the original Spock (and crew), it's a bit different). I didn't think it was super duper awesome (I decided to sleep the second time I watched it), but it was worth seeing (but maybe not twice).

Gatsby: Never been a fan of the book. I just tagged along with friends. I feel like if I would have liked the book, I would have liked the movie.

Birdemic: WATCH THIS MOVIE! Seriously. Just... watch it. I made my local video store get it (my friend works there), and my friend has since made it her "dare" to watch it (so now in the video store, there's a sign by the movie that says: "Cracy's movie dare: watch this movie all the way through to the end. We are not responsible for any brain damage you may suffer.").

Primer: I want to like it, but I feel like it was more confusing than it needed to be. I liked the story, and I liked the ending (and watched it again (or at least half watched it again)), but I felt like they could have made it at least a little bit easier to grasp what was going on.

TV series I've watched recently:

Continuum: I enjoyed this. I'm a sci-fi guy. I'm looking forward to the next season.

Arrested Development: I'm halfway through the new season. It's good so far. I don't feel like it's knock your socks off good, but I am certainly enjoying it.

I think that's it for now... I'm always looking for a new sci-fi show to watch.

[size=2][ I was ninja'd 71 times before I stopped counting a long time ago ] [ f.k.a. MikeTacular ] [ My Blog ] [ SWFer: Gaplessly looped MP3s in your Flash games ]

Last 2 movie I saw were Iron Man 3 and Star Trek: Into Darkness

Had high hopes for Star Trek and low expectations for Iron Man 3, but was wrong on both counts.

Iron Man 3 was awesome, easily the best Iron Man movie.

Into Darkness? This (spoiler filled) review sums it up. Really wasn't great IMHO.

if you think programming is like sex, you probably haven't done much of either.-------------- - capn_midnight

Iron Man 3: Better than the second, but not as good as the first. I think the Iron Man series never really had a good, solid villan. I would have liked to see a better villan.

i'd have to agree, #2 had the difficulty of both giving us a villain, and the fact that tony was dying. I think if the story focused too much on him trying to figure out how to save himself, that the villain was kindof an after-thought(and was defeated quite quickly imo).

Star Trek: Awesome. I really enjoyed it. I kept thinking of Smauglock Holmes, though, to be honest. I've never seen the older Star Treks, so now I want to see The Wrath of Kahn because apparently it is pretty much the same (but since they're on a different timeline from the original Spock (and crew), it's a bit different).

i've seen most of the earlier films, but for some reason i'm never able to catch the wraith of khan, or ST: TMP when they are on tv, i've seen them, but it's been many years.

Gatsby: Never been a fan of the book. I just tagged along with friends. I feel like if I would have liked the book, I would have liked the movie.

I've had pretty much no interest in this film, like you i've never read the book, and not much in the trailer really appeals to me.

Birdemic: WATCH THIS MOVIE! Seriously. Just... watch it. I made my local video store get it (my friend works there), and my friend has since made it her "dare" to watch it (so now in the video store, there's a sign by the movie that says: "Cracy's movie dare: watch this movie all the way through to the end. We are not responsible for any brain damage you may suffer.").

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1316037/ this movie? Not sure i want to put myself through that suffering.

Continuum: I enjoyed this. I'm a sci-fi guy. I'm looking forward to the next season.

I've seen two episodes, it was decent, and has a great premise. but i just never seem to catch it when it's on.

I'm hoping you've seen stargate?
Check out https://www.facebook.com/LiquidGames for some great games made by me on the Playstation Mobile market.

I've had pretty much no interest in this film, like you i've never read the book, and not much in the trailer really appeals to me.

Well, I've actually read the book... I just hated the book. And the movie (because it's the same as the book).

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1316037/ this movie? Not sure i want to put myself through that suffering.

Yup, that one. At least watch a couple trailers. If you don't want to watch the full movie,

">this review goes through pretty much everything you could get out of watching it.

I've seen two episodes, it was decent, and has a great premise. but i just never seem to catch it when it's on.

Do you have Netflix? It's the only way I watch TV series anymore. I never catch them when they're on.

I'm hoping you've seen stargate?

I've seen the movie (which I loved when I was younger; it's been awhile since I saw it last), and a couple TV episodes. Is it worth watching the TV series?

I've burned through Firefly, Battlestar Galactica (the newer version), Caprica, Doll House, and most recently, Continuum. If people have more recommendations for shows like these, I'm all ears.

[size=2][ I was ninja'd 71 times before I stopped counting a long time ago ] [ f.k.a. MikeTacular ] [ My Blog ] [ SWFer: Gaplessly looped MP3s in your Flash games ]

Stargate SG-1 has some of the best character interactions I've seen in a sci-fi. It's definitely a good watch. Continuum is good as well.

The latest TV shows I've watched are:

Scandal. Yes, Scandal. The drama is like crack to me. I'm ashamed, but not ashamed.

Revenge. It's not bad actually. Much better than Deception. The story is much tighter.

Arrow. Now that is a comic-book-to-TV adaptation done right! This first season has been nothing but win.

Deception. I liked the characters but the writing was sloppy.

Continuum. Solid sci-fi show. Interesting take on the time-travel.

Mad Men. There's a reason why this show has won 4 Emmys straight for the first 4 years it was on. Seasons 5 and 6 are still top-notch.

Caprica. An oldie but a goodie. I just been watching it on Netflix. It's definitely not BSG, but it's definitely damn good.

House of Cards. This has to be the best political show on TV (even though it's on Netflix-only). Kevin Spacey kills it every time (Yes, that's a good thing).

House of Lies. Don Cheadle is an asshole. Kristen Bell has a screw loose but she's hot. And everyone is out for blood. I truly do love that show.

Game of Thrones. From what I can remember, it's pretty faithful to the book. Except for one thing in particular. Outside of that, it's pretty damn good. Can't wait to buy the 3rd season.

Beginner in Game Development?  Read here. And read here.

I've burned through Firefly, Battlestar Galactica (the newer version), Caprica, Doll House, and most recently, Continuum. If people have more recommendations for shows like these, I'm all ears.

Babylon 5

Babylon 5

B5 definitely belongs in that lineup. And so does TNG and DS9.

Beginner in Game Development?  Read here. And read here.

Star Trek Into Darkness, OZ the Great and Powerful, Epic, and Iron Man 3.

12 Rounds, Mama, The Wicked, and Pain and Gain.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement