Looking for feedback on my game music library

Started by
9 comments, last by xiaoan 10 years, 10 months ago

Hello,

I've been checking out this forum for few weeks now and finally wanted to introduce myself to you guys. Me and my friends are currently working on music game and I'm looking forward to get a lot of advice from you guys soon smile.png

We are also doing music library service that is specifically composed for games or mobile game apps. If you are looking for seamless music loops without any hassle of royalty issues and other drama, please take a look at our music library site. www.supasounds.net

Here is the link to some demo excerpt from our library. I would love to hear what your thoughts on this.

http://snd.sc/115NsnT

Thanks!

Advertisement

Hi! I hate to copy paste links, I might be the lazy one, but I reckon you'd get a couple of more listeners if you had a "click-link". Anyway, the demo I got introduced to straight away, was really really catchy; it was a great teaser and really made me venture further into what you guys make. I like the stuff you guys produce, it sounds professional and something that I'd definitely apply in a game. You have a bearable length on your show reel, though anything over ten minutes is usually stretching it.

Thanks for sharing!

Rune Hansen

Developer

10ahead Games

www.10aheadgames.com

Hi! I hate to copy paste links, I might be the lazy one, but I reckon you'd get a couple of more listeners if you had a "click-link". Anyway, the demo I got introduced to straight away, was really really catchy; it was a great teaser and really made me venture further into what you guys make. I like the stuff you guys produce, it sounds professional and something that I'd definitely apply in a game. You have a bearable length on your show reel, though anything over ten minutes is usually stretching it.

Thanks for sharing!

Hey Thanks for the comment! Great to hear that you like the music :)

I fixed the link and it should be clickable now.

All of our music is composed to be looped seamlessly so we made sure our music to be compact/full sounding.

Some really nice production and melodies here. Not much else to add - just enjoyed it! smile.png

Edit: Can you talk about your production/creation process a bit, if possible?

Nathan Madsen
Nate (AT) MadsenStudios (DOT) Com
Composer-Sound Designer
Madsen Studios
Austin, TX

Some really nice production and melodies here. Not much else to add - just enjoyed it! smile.png

Edit: Can you talk about your production/creation process a bit, if possible?

Thanks for another great words. Really appreciate it!

And of course, I would be glad to share my production process.

First, I go through many games / screenshot and try to gaze the vibe from them, then usually I start playing melody with the piano.

I generally use Logic Pro for composition and I have a template for each music genre. I try to record as much as possible rather than do it all in Midi/Virtual Instruments

for more natural feel and better audio quality.

Especially when mixing tracks, I try to mix with outboard gear as much as possible. It's not as easy as using plug ins but certainly gives me more aural satisfaction :)

Very nice job, the tracks sound great. What outboard gear are you using?

Li Xiao'an

Composer | Music Director

www.xiaoanli.com (Personal)

www.eastcoastscoring.com

Twitter: @lxiaoan

Very nice job, the tracks sound great. What outboard gear are you using?

Hey, thanks~

I use many synths (analog, vintage, digital) including Moog, Juno, Oberheim, etc and I am a big fan of 500 series for mixing. Our current favorite is Chandler little devil, Neve EQ, Xpressor, Serpent Audio.

Oops. The link only worked for one song. This is the real link to our game music library demo.

http://snd.sc/115NsnT

How many people are in your organization?

Li Xiao'an

Composer | Music Director

www.xiaoanli.com (Personal)

www.eastcoastscoring.com

Twitter: @lxiaoan

There are 6 members consisting of sound designers and composers.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement