• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
chaosavy

Void Destroyer - fly like X-Wing - command like Homeworld - [Greenlight and Kickstarter]

This topic is 1994 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hey guys! Its been a long time coming and we are finally here, a stage (late alpha) where I feel comfortable enough to run a Kickstarter and Greenlight campaigns.

Kickstarter: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1718477862/void-destroyer

Greenlight: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=146068036

Thank you for checking these campaigns out.

Please help spread the word to anyone who might be interested.

Here are some screen shots

iter16-1-small.png

iter16-2-small.png

Thanks for checking it out!

Paul

Edited by chaosavy

Advertisement
Hey guys! Exciting news - we reached our base goal!

Now we are pursuing stretch goals of an additional pirate faction (+5K) and 'Privateer' mode (+30K) and a dream goal of FPS elements (+40K).

I didn't come empty handed - here is a new trailer:

This is a warm up trailer for the Kickstarter finale trailer, which by my estimates is... well I don't want to oversell it (ok I do - I'm super excited). 

I will post it later on this week and then quit running around the web promoting the project.

PS:

If you haven't been keeping up with the project's updates, there's been a few neat "how indie games are made" videos added. If you are interested in gamedev/coding etc I hope that you'll find them interesting.

Here is a video where I talk through adding mines:

Here's the end result:

Here's another video where I talk through adding an area of effect missile, this one focuses more on coding:

We are down to less than 48 - so you guys won't be spammed by me any more and I'll have to switch to the liquid form of sleep (caffeine).

Below is the final Kickstarter trailer :

I've created a Kickstarter Recap update here:

Thank you for all of your tolerating these posts, for your time and support!

Paul

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

GameDev.net is your game development community. Create an account for your GameDev Portfolio and participate in the largest developer community in the games industry.

Sign me up!