Piece of software

Started by
2 comments, last by Andy474 10 years, 10 months ago

Hello Gamedev!

I will try to cut to the point and say that I am trying to make a software with a historical theme (medieval times)...I have got the theme and ideas sorted out, i am short of ideas about what i could use to make it really awesome (it is for a contest)...I am fluent in Python with PyGame and C++...

The goal is to make something that relatively ”tells a story” and also keeps you excited with visual effects and sound.

Any ideas for some programs to make that kind of things, or am i stuck with hardcore programming my software with python...(it needs to be mostly 2d, with some 3d illusionary effects)?

I am sorry if i do not provide enough information....

Advertisement

Well you refer to Software, that's a really ... really, i mean really broad field. I take it you mean a Game.

- Stick with Python / Pygame ... its easy, simple and wont cause many problems, it can do graphics and sound.

any ideas for some programs to make that kind of things, or am i stuck with hardcore programming my software with python...(it needs to be mostly 2d, with some 3d illusionary effects)?

Hardcore Programming ... and python. Those do not belong in the same sentence.

Are you asking for a tool that will write the Project for you? cus that doesn't exists (to my knowledge)

If you are looking for tools to streamline the development of a game, you could try GameMaker.

I was sure i wasn't expressing what i really meant...I do not want a game...i want a presentation type software (that could be used by a teacher to hold his lesson)...i do not want something too simple, and i was looking for something fancier...but i also need animations and visual effects and those are a pain in the ass to make with pygame, and i was thinking about a program that maybe allowed me to import animations and effects to pygame and viceversa.

So ... you want powerpoint?

but i also need animations and visual effects and those are a pain in the ass to make with pygame, and i was thinking about a program that maybe allowed me to import animations and effects to pygame and viceversa.

Powerpoint does animations, effects.

So what does pygame have todo with this? I dont think there is any software like this becuase, well ... this has to be the oddest request i have ever heard.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement