My exploratory narrative game "Postmortem" moves to Beta with a Release Date!

Started by
7 comments, last by Koobazaur 10 years, 9 months ago
So a bit of a shameless plug I mentioned before, but my exploratory narrative game, Postmortem, casting you as Death incarnate in an industrial-age country torn by conflict and riots, moves onto Beta with a release date - August 15th! Here's the full dev blog update for the curious with some new screenie and concept art smile.png

We're also still looking out for one extra writer/editor and potentially graphic artist (in-game sprites, maybe GUI) so if you're interested shoot me an email at info@postmortemgame.com . We'll also be starting a second round of Beta Testing signups soon so keep an eye out!

Please check the Postmortem Homepage
Like on Facebook
Follow on Twitter

postmortem-alpha-screenshot-conversation postmortem-alpha-screenshot-gala.jpg
potmortem-alpha-screenshot-unexpected-de postmortem-alpha-screenshot-pamphlet.jpg

What is Postmortem?

Postmortem is a short exploratory adventure game taking place in a fictional industrial-age country of Galicia, ravaged by five years of violent rioting between two ideologically and economically divided communities. You play as death incarnate, sent to a fundraising gala with the objective of claiming a single life from any of its attendants and staff.

By exploring the space, conversing with the patrons, and uncovering various clues, you will learn about the world and the characters, revealing how their deaths might (or might not!) influence the country.

But how much should you meddle with mortal affairs? Perhaps a random choice is the fairest? What other effects could your involvement have?
Comrade, Listen! The Glorious Commonwealth's first Airship has been compromised! Who is the saboteur? Who can be saved? Uncover what the passengers are hiding and write the grisly conclusion of its final hours in an open-ended, player-driven adventure. Dziekujemy! -- Karaski: What Goes Up...
Advertisement

Looks great,which engine are you using?

Thanks for the compliment smile.png I coded the engine myself relying on SFML, Boost, BulletPhysics and PugiXML, plus other 3rd party tools. You can actually read about our tools and resources here: http://koobazaur.com/tools-and-resources-for-making-my-an-idie-game/
Comrade, Listen! The Glorious Commonwealth's first Airship has been compromised! Who is the saboteur? Who can be saved? Uncover what the passengers are hiding and write the grisly conclusion of its final hours in an open-ended, player-driven adventure. Dziekujemy! -- Karaski: What Goes Up...
Just a quick update on a new article - Meet the Team: Gelerli, and new Concept Art!

postmortem-concept-evolution-of-characte

Go read it!

Ahh this is where I saw your project first.. very cool: http://www.gamedev.net/page/showdown/view.html/_/postmortem-r7628

In other new, we got a shout-out at the StartSelect Podcast, Check it Out! Thanks Adam!

And if you haven’t already:
Check the Postmortem Homepage
Like on Facebook
Follow on Twitter
Track on IndieDB

Oh, and a bonus screenshot for your pleasure:

postmortem-beta-ophelia-speaks.jpg
Just a heads up we're reaching our next milestone soon, with more New Art, Major Rewrites, and Beta Testing opening up next week, if you guys want to get more details and see some new artwork!
postmortem-character-size-chart-by-j.jpg
Who is this mysterious cast of characters?

Fictional country of Galicia? I bet some Spaniards will find that one funny :P (Galicia is a region in northern Spain).

Looks great!

Oh really? I know there used to be a country called Galicia back in the end of middle ages, but had no idea it was still in Spain!

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement