• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
brunophilipe

Mahjong Solitaire - Open Source game for Mac OS

This topic is 2016 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hello there.

Last week I got curious and started to play this Mahjong Solitaire (erroneously called by many of Mahjong only, which is another completely different game) game on a website, liked it and tried to find a Mac version to play it when I am offline. Unfortunately all the versions I found were either paid, horrible or used those eastern characters on the tiles, that only confuse my mind. For this reason I decided to make my very own version and also to make it open!

Since I have already reached a stage where the game is playable, I decided to come here share it with you.

It is for Mac OS X only since I decided to experiment with cocoa controls instead of using a rendering language such as OpenGL, because I wanted to make something really lightweight and I believe my knowledge of Cocoa is much greater than my knowledge of OpenGL.

For now it works only with a small "map" (if we can call it like that) of 10x8x4 tiles. All the tiles are rendered, which means the only images I use are those of the icons and the background.

I have already made some other games, mostly in Java and C#, but this is the first game I make in Objective-C that reaches a polished, nice version.

Anyway, here is a screenshot:

[attachment=16117:Screen Shot 2013-06-04 at 00.05.39.png]

Here is the link to download a compiled version of the latest commit: Download

And here is the link to the source code: GitHub

The compiled version is not signed because I am only enrolled as an iOS developer.

That's it! Please, if you can, give it a try, and please leave comments!

Advertisement

Cool thanks for sharing.  I will now spend most of my lunch break reading your source code.

Haha thank you. I should remember you that I do not guarantee my code is correct by means of optimization or anything else. If you find a mistake of a space for improvement, I will be glad to listen. smile.png

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

GameDev.net is your game development community. Create an account for your GameDev Portfolio and participate in the largest developer community in the games industry.

Sign me up!