• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
Reitano

New Typhoon engine released - looking for testers

This topic is 1939 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi all,

We are proud to present the new Typhoon engine. This engine is specialized in the real-time, photo realistic simulation of large outdoor environments and comprises state-of-the art technology solutions for the rendering of oceans, underwater environments and terrains.
It has been re-engineered with these principles in mind:

- Usability
- Quality
- Robustness
- Efficiency
- Elegance

The website is www.typhoon3d.com and contains information about the engine technology, some screenshots and a demonstration of the engine capabilities (http://www.typhoon3d.com/download.html)

I would really appreciate if you could download and test the demo. The requirements are roughly:

Windows XP - Vista or 7, 32 or 64 bits
DirectX 9 runtime
1 GB Ram

Any recent gaming system should be capable of running it smoothly, with varying performance depending mainly on the graphic card.
Please install and test all maps included in the installer, particularly the tech demo. After selecting a map, simply press ESC to return to the main screen. Please report any glitches, bugs and performance issues at steflanz@gmail.com or typhoon3d@gmail.com Any sort of feedback is very welcome and will help me improve this product. Along with your feedback, please send me your hardware configuration and, in case of crashes, the log.txt file generated by the application in the executable folder.

There is much work still to be done but so far I am very pleased with the results obtained. Join the mailing list or simply drop me an email if you would like to be kept up-to-date about the engine progress. I intend to release frequent updates, more or less every two-weeks.

For artists, I would really appreciate some help on the art side. Please contact me if you would like to discuss potential collaborations.

Regards,

Stefano Lanza
http://www.typhoon3d.com
steflanz@gmail.com

Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!