Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DS Secondary Buffer description...

This topic is 5894 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

ok, here''s the problem, i try to initialize a secondary buffer for a test sound in my sound engine, and one of the flags i''m trying to use is DSBCAPS_CTRLDEFAULT as defined in the MSDN (a.k.a. big book of evil as: "DSBCAPS_CTRLDEFAULT The buffer should have default control options. This is the same as specifying the DSBCAPS_CTRLPAN, DSBCAPS_CTRLVOLUME, and DSBCAPS_CTRLFREQUENCY flags."), and my compiler gives me an "sound.h(78) : error C2065: ''DSBCAPS_CTRLDEFAULT'' : undeclared identifier", however if i specify all the caps individualy it works fine. Is there something else i''m suposed to be including that i''m missing? ------------------------------------------------- Don''t take life too seriously, you''''ll never get out of it alive. -Bugs Bunny

Nope, you''re doing everything right. The define DSBCAPS_CTRLDEFAULT has been removed in recent versions of DirectX in order to encourage users to explicitly define what capabilities are required. As you have said, using DSBCAPS_CTRLPAN | DSBCAPS_CTRLVOLUME | DSBCAPS_CTRLFREQUENCY provides the same functionality as DSBCAPS_CTRLDEFAULT.

ahh. thank you very much for pointing that out to me, i was starting to think i was going insane. you know, you''d think M$ would''ve put a little side line in that said they''d taken it out. *shrug* of course then again, you''d think they would relese quality software too

thanx again

-------------------------------------------------
Don''t take life too seriously, you''''ll never get out of it alive. -Bugs Bunny