3 comments, last by 3Ddreamer 10 years, 10 months ago

I know that we can merge scenes.

I consider these advantages

1) auto naming

2) Drag N drop on the fly from the menu

Is it achievable?

thx

Advertisement
I need to pick a group object in order to create a custom primitive. It's called primitive maker http://www.scriptspot.com/3ds-max/s...r#comment-22661 The problem with this is you can't pick a group object. How can I overcome it? Thanks Jack

hi.

you could select a mesh and attach the other objects..I dont have 3dsmax here so cant tell you the setps.

select a object edit polly attach

I think your way is the proper way of doing it. But I'd like to run circles after discovering this.

This coding has a thingy called superClassOf GeometryClass, anywhere I can turn it to a group object and exclude GeometryClass?

I am looking everywhere for a reference to no avail.

Let me know.

Jack

Hi,

There is way to do this in Max and it is too clumsy and time consuming to me, so I use Wings 3D to merge many things, including scenes, but sometimes the basic info is merged and things like shaders added later. Blender can merge scenes but I have never used it for that. It is so important to get as much of the geometry done as possible - preferably all - before even working with a UV map and/or textures, materials, and shaders among other things.

Blender, 3DS Max, and Wings 3D are all used by me based on workflow pipeline needs. I even on occasion use Deep Exploration, Milkshake 3D, or plug-ins for 3D programs such as Panda and Collada. You will eventually be forced to expand to other programs, too, so the sooner you get accustomed to several programs the better for you. This strategy will open your creativity and innovation to amounts achievable only this way.

Clinton

Personal life and your private thoughts always effect your career. Research is the intellectual backbone of game development and the first order. Version Control is crucial for full management of applications and software. The better the workflow pipeline, then the greater the potential output for a quality game. Completing projects is the last but finest order.

by Clinton, 3Ddreamer

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement