Directx 11....

Started by
6 comments, last by unbird 10 years, 10 months ago

Hi there,

I have already asked ,what tutorials should I use to learn Directx .Answer was rastertek,cuz his tutorials are the best .

I'm not a dumb person,but I really can't understand even tutorial number 2, almost everything is new for me ,and there is only a little explanation.

Also ,he doesn't give any tips,how one,or another, line could be changed - just the main facts.

Decided to try this http://www.braynzarsoft.net/index.php?p=D3D11BD again,but again,source code (which you can see in the website,without having an account) doesn't even work...

So,anyone have branzarsoft account which I can borrow to download every project,or any tips?And..

I was categorically NO against books ,but now I don't know,maybe I should try some free book?I really want to learn directx!

I'm completely lost :| , seldom happens for me,that I'm not able to do something...

Maybe someone via skype may help me?Any help for me - very useful!

P.s ,sorry for my medium english,bad structure of my post :|

Advertisement
Any why not just register yourself ? It's free and takes about 20 seconds.

As for a book I always recommend Luna. He explains more than just how the API works and also provides exercises. Here you can also download the source.

Any why not just register yourself ? It's free and takes about 20 seconds.

Registration is bugged,I can't get activation link...

As for a book I always recommend Luna. He explains more than just how the API works and also provides exercises. Here you can also download the source.

I heard about him,but it's just source codes without explanation;book isn't free.I'mfrom Lithuania ,i am 17,it's really hard to get it for me ...

Ok. Well, I looked at rastertek and tutorial 1 to 3 is "just" about setting up the stuff. It's bare windows, tedious, boring - but necessary. Since he doesn't (want to) teach you windows but D3D11 he keeps the explanation to a minimum. You could as well skip to tutorial #4, you can always come back if something is unclear.

Just know: Starting with D3D11 if you haven't done anything with low-level graphics before is hard and frustrating.

Get used to it :D Its going to be like that until you get the hang of it.

"I AM ZE EMPRAH OPENGL 3.3 THE CORE, I DEMAND FROM THEE ZE SHADERZ AND MATRIXEZ"

My journals: dustArtemis ECS framework and Making a Terrain Generator

You could check out gameinstitute.com. They have a graphics programming course its a bit old and it still uses DirectX9 but but they go into every bit of detail of the entire graphics pipeline including triangle rasterization algorithm by creating your own software rasterizer using Win32 which DirectX or OpenGL already handles. Take note that DirectX 11 requires a bit more of a learning curve compared to the previous versions of the api. So it might be better for your to learn DirectX 9 first before you jump to 11 if you can.

Get used to it biggrin.png Its going to be like that until you get the hang of it.

Okay...

Ok. Well, I looked at rastertek and tutorial 1 to 3 is "just" about setting up the stuff. It's bare windows, tedious, boring - but necessary. Since he doesn't (want to) teach you windows but D3D11 he keeps the explanation to a minimum. You could as well skip to tutorial #4, you can always come back if something is unclear.

Just know: Starting with D3D11 if you haven't done anything with low-level graphics before is hard and frustrating.

Yeh,I have noticed that ,but it seems for me ,that I still must understand his framework to be able to continue with tutorials.

You could check out gameinstitute.com. They have a graphics programming course its a bit old and it still uses DirectX9 but but they go into every bit of detail of the entire graphics pipeline including triangle rasterization algorithm by creating your own software rasterizer using Win32 which DirectX or OpenGL already handles. Take note that DirectX 11 requires a bit more of a learning curve compared to the previous versions of the api. So it might be better for your to learn DirectX 9 first before you jump to 11 if you can.

Thanks,but it seems,it cost 99$ , not for me,not for me =/

Anyway...

"Just know: Starting with D3D11 if you haven't done anything with low-level graphics before is hard and frustrating."

Can't disagree with that,maybe you are rgiht .

But I really like challanges,I don't really like 2D,Even console is much more interesting for me .

I always like to find out ,where is the best information before starting learning,if it's really that hard,maybe rastertek tutorial aren't bad.

I will try my best,I never give up :|

Thx.

Good! laugh.png Because you will need this dedication.

There probably isn't "the best information" at one single place. You will have to get used to collect hints from several places, the most important of which is of course the MSDN documentation itself. But one learns best from examples anyway IMO, so here some additional directions:
  • Look at the DirectX SDK samples tutorial. They are very bare (no framework).
  • www.directxtutorial.com. Don't use the code from there, it's flawed since it doesn't do proper error checking. It also gets commercial pretty soon, so not an option for you in the long run. But the explanations are fine.
  • There's this Free online book about D3D10 (the difference to D3D11 isn't that big, the principles still apply). Also check the link section in the DirectX subforum.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement