• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

Does IDE change application focus?

This topic is 1681 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Please help me save my frontal lobe, not sure how many more collisions with the wall it can take!

In our XNA project we started with the RolePlayingGame starter kit and built/stripped/learned from there. Right now I am creating a screen and adding it to the ScreenManager. After adding it, Game.IsActive is false, which is supposedly indicating that another application has focus.

Is it possible that stepping through the code in my IDE is telling XNA that the game window doesn't have focus?

Advertisement

Is it possible that stepping through the code in my IDE is telling XNA that the game window doesn't have focus?

Yes, stepping through the code will cause IsActive to become false. I'm not sure if IsActive is evaluated immediately or if it's a flag that's updated internally once per update.

Yes, stepping through the code will cause IsActive to become false. I'm not sure if IsActive is evaluated immediately or if it's a flag that's updated internally once per update.

its a Windows Message isn't it? so a message from the OS will be received when you "Defocus" a window.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement