Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Estauns

Gun Names! WEEEE!!!

Hey all, I''m struggling on thinking of some names for the guns that will be featured in my game. I''m looking for names of: Pistols, Sub-Machine Guns, Shotguns, Rifles and Sniper Rifles. I''m looking for either unique, descriptive names like: "Desert Eagle" or "Enforcer" or cool acronyms that could mean anything or nothing, such as PPK, M16, etc. Can anyone think of any? I''m struggling. Thanks a tonne, -Estauns

I like the UT gun names....

GES BioRifle (GES == Green Exploding Shit)
ASMD Shock Rifle (ASMD == And Suck My Dick... apparently)

heheh =P Only problem is, I don''t have some guns that shoot "Green Exploding Shit", its more realistic, like M16''s and Berettas and regular, bullet based weapons.

Any ideas?

Pull Out Syndicate Wars by Bullfrog. That game was written like 4+ years ago, and has some weapons still incomprehensible in todays games in scary destructive possibilities.

Some of MY favorite:
Satilitte Rain
Gravioton gun
Plasma Lance

Some Standards to:
Minigun
Flame Thrower

The main reason I bring this up is that I find my self dragged over to a friends computer to see "THE BEST WEAPON EVER", and I find myself greatly dissappointed, and remembering all the cool stuff they put in Syndicate Wars. I realize you just wanted name of guns, but I figured I throw in some "thinking out of the box" weapons.

Have a look here...

http://www.recguns.com/gunPictures.html

Has lots of information.... (The things you find searching the net.. )

Vex /Developer
---------------
http://www.Rock-Nights.com

I''m looking more for made up things than realistic names, but thanks, that''ll be a great resource anyways.

Keep those juices flowing folks, I need more =)

"Where genius ends, madness begins."
Estauns

double barrel shotgun
widow maker (dont know, but i think its a big cannon)
pump action shotgun

swiss army knife

{ Stating the obvious never helped any situation !! }

Sounds like it''s time to discuss name tokens again!!

Electro-
Nuclear-
Magneto-

Kinetic
Implosive
Gravitic
Disruptive

Ion Beam
Projectile
Particle Cannon
Accelerator
Hunter-Killer
Auto Seeking

Think that''ll be enough parts for you? If it ain''t, I''m sure you get the idea

"I''m equipped with my NEW for 2001 WarMage Industries Electro-Kinetic Projectile Array Blitz Cannon!!"

Over here is our Nuclear Kinetic Accelerator, the Magneto-Disruptive Autoseeking Hunter-Killer Minelayer, and on the end, the Gravitic Ion Beam, tricked out with a clamshell holster and a full warranty!

---------
-WarMage
...that''s what the card says...

Dont forget you can include version types as well(i.e. MKI, MKII, Series 5, X-12, Z-71). I made up stuff like X-16 HammerHead, Series I Flare Flamer, MK II Bolt Launcher, etc. Predatory animal names can be used it too.

Hmm, this is fun.

Syringe
Stiletto
Crossbow
Needler
Stinger
Wasp, Hornet, etc.
Expectorator
MegaSneeze
Blunderbus
Scythe
SickleClaw
AngelMaker
PheldegriffGun (for shooting winged hippopotami )

Keep it up guys, getting a lot of good ideas for me to play around with.

Any others?

"Where genius ends, madness begins."
Estauns

Flechette guns rule!!

"Smart-","Improved", "Enhanced", "Augmented", and "Hyper" anywhere in the name

---------
-WarMage
...if you can''t kill it, and it''s not trying to kill you, then cut off a chunk and fry it up with some bacon fat and see if it''s tasty...

hehe...expectorator...

no reason why you can''t just make up names...personally i think WarMage is on the right track here...combine different tokens...i seem to remember talking about something like this for RPG items...whatever...try some of these too...(on the path of WarMage again...)

hyper-
proto-

explosive
destructive

rifle
plasma gun

with these and WarMage''s ideas that gives you (pulls out calculator) 240 different weapon ideas...that should be plenty...have fun :-D

-MSkinn99

What''s done is done (Until you hit Undo)
Two wrongs don''t make a right; but 3 lefts do.
You''d be paranoid too if everyone was out to get you.

Yet another game programming web page...

Deathwhisper
TheLittleDeath (hehehe is it a sleep ray or something naughtier?)
TheWilliamTell (sniper rifle)
SilkenStalker (silencered gun)
Bullwhip
Leech
VenomTongue
Mousetrap and BetterMousetrap
Dragon''sBreath

Thus concludes my 10 minute break from my attack on a pile of homework larger than I could ever possibly do in one day... back into slavery I go...

Guest Anonymous Poster
If you don''t mind completely ripping off a lame movie (Spaced Invaders) you could put in a D.O.D. (Donut of Destruction), a device that will explode to destroy everything on a planet except for the small area in the donut hole (where the operator stands).

"TheLittleDeath" is funny, and it also reminded me of the "Molecular Dispersion Device" from Ender''s Game, a.k.a. the "Little Doctor".

Hmmm, let''s see, what else... two weapon names from Dragonlance/Forgotten Realms which I liked were "Nightbringer" and "Icingdeath". That first one might be good for a sniper rifle...

If you are looking for realistic names, use gun names from goldeneye on the n64! I think this game has 20 different weapons or so, so there´s plenty of choice and probably some names you want to use.