Sign in to follow this  
smr

So I'm preparing to ask my girlfriend to marry me

smr    2468

Would it be inappropriate to Rickroll her by engraving "Never gonna give you up" into the ring?

Edited by smr

Talroth    3247

Would it be inappropriate to Rickroll her by engraving "Never gonna give you up" into the ring?

A: How big of a geek is she?

B: How bad will you feel if she leaves you?

tstrimp    1798

C: Do you have a camera to record this?

slicer4ever    6760

D: should you really be taking life advice from strangers? Edited by slicer4ever

frob    44920

D: should you really be taking life advice from strangers?

E: Why do you need a ring?  Most places of the world don't. DeBeers popularized the fad about 50 years ago in US and parts of Europe to sell diamonds, but whatever.

tstrimp    1798

E: Why do you need a ring?  Most places of the world don't. DeBeers popularized the fad about 50 years ago in US and parts of Europe to sell diamonds, but whatever.

I got away without an engagement ring. Saved myself a few thousand dollars! I mean... I don't support the blood diamond industry.

tstrimp    1798

Okay, I have a better idea. Similar to what this guy did...

http://www.kokes.net/projectlonghaul/projectlonghaul.htm

However instead of building in LEDs, all you have to do is embed an RFID into the ring which when near an NFC phone will launch this.

Considering the ring is on her hand at exactly the right spot, it should launch every time she picks up her phone!

Edited by tstrimple

way2lazy2care    790

Okay, I have a better idea. Similar to what this guy did...

http://www.kokes.net/projectlonghaul/projectlonghaul.htm

However instead of building in LEDs, all you have to do is embed an RFID into the ring which when near an NFC phone will launch this.

Considering the ring is on her hand at exactly the right spot, it should launch every time she picks up her phone!

That is an awesome idea. Yes. Do this.

On a serious note, she might see the ring and think it's all a joke and you don't mean it if you rick roll her with it.

Icebone1000    1958

I heard once the entire diamond industry is a hoax, diamonds that cost millions are suppose to cost a few dollars, and the only motive it persist is that theres always idiots to buy those things

Carandiru    212
Nah I suggest you do what I did. Build a terrarium, but a giant tarantula in it and perch the ring inside on the sand. Then if she really loves you she'll get it. Exception here being my wife loves spiders

Most women would probably not consider someone rickrolling them during proposal as mature enough. Or someone even thinking about doing such a thing, for that matter.

On the other hand, my proposal back then was "You know, we could save a lot of tax if we were married, since we live together as if married anyway, and such... you, know", and this worked.

Bruno Sofiato    407

It really depends, if you're willing to marry her, you must know (I really hope so) a lot her, about how she fells and what she finds funny or of a bad taste. What are your feelings telling you ? 

RivieraKid    698

dude, once she has said yes you can rick roll her a lot more. Put it in your vows!

"I vow to never give you up and to never ever hurt you. I promise to never run around without you or desert you"

say it really slowly, all the geeks in the church will be chuckling.

lock her in first!