Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

dcorwin

Cool new engine!

If you''re looking for a rapid application dev-type program (ala Virtools, GameStudio A5, 3D RAD, Dark Basic, etc), check out http://www.quest3d.com, they seem to have come out of nowhere! What I really like about it is it seems to basically be a direct link to DirectX 8, which affords a lot of power. Programming is done with a Nemo-style flowchart, but much more lowlevel than Virtools. They''re also coming out with a free SDK. You can do reflections, shadows, bumpmapping, and more. Pretty cool.

wow, thanks for the tip. i went to the site and was interestingly surprised. it would be nice if they would have implemented some sort of support for using the real meat of DirectX 8, however (meaning vertex and pixel shaders)i didn''t see any mention of that at all.

other thn that it was interesting.. thnx

That is all there. The development site is at quest3d.net. There''s also part of the site that you can''t see until you register your product. Vertex support is there already, perpixel shading is coming very soon (and I''m assuming self-shadowing too). I got it a few days ago and am really amazed at the interface and what I can pull off so far.

if your talking about the one with the viper the car has 44k polys and the reflection has 16k poys i think.. It''s pushing alot of polys. Go look at the flipcode iotd gallery.. there an explanation of it.