Is it possible to make a comercial gameboy advanced game?

Started by
22 comments, last by locutus 20 years, 1 month ago
surely you don''t need a licence to sell a game for a emulator.

just as long as you don''t metion said device
Advertisement
If your game doesn''t contain *anything* that is copyrighted by Nintendo, you''re fine, I think. There always was unlicensed console software/hardware, cheating devices, as example.

I read somewhere that a company cannot legally prevent third parties from releasing software/hardware compatible with their systems. As example, the Bleemcast, a PSX emulator for the Sega Dreamcast, was released and sold in retail chains, and Sega could do nothing about it, because it wasn''t infringing copyright (but Sony tought otherwise...)

Of course, some companies uses methods to make games unbootable without some kind of copyrighted material, to force thrid parties to license. As example, Xbox executables must be encrypted, and the only avaliable encrypter is the Microsoft one. That''s why all these Xbox media players and emulators are deemed illegal: because they were compiled with pirated tools.

I don''t know the details in creating a bootable Gameboy Advance cartrigde. I know about the flash carts, but noone in their senses would sell a game in such expensive devices.

This is not really on topic but i played with the dev kit for awhile, the first thing you ahve to do is either make your own or tap into an existing IDE. I made one in vb that hade a file tree like visual products. Its a must or you''ll be typing in cmd and notepad all day. Just setup a textbox at first and have it so hwen u hit a key liek f5 (from visual) it calls the compiler for you and then shells your emulator with your file.

(I think i also once asked if there was a way you could tell visual studio to use your other compiler and someone said yea, but thats i all i remember)
looks like the big N are trying to crack down on emulation

http://slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=04/03/12/0342208

http://www.gizmodo.com/archives/nintendo_blocks_emulation_for_zodiac_tapwave.php

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement