Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Scrolling textures in D3D?

This topic is 5899 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I''ve seen this done before under OpenGL, so presumably it can be done in D3D, so can anyone tell me how to scroll a texture over a primitive? I''m fairly new to 3D graphics since I got sick of DirectDraw....and lets face it, 3D is far more exciting What I want to do is use a alpha-blended textured quad in front of a straight textured quad. In between these is a light source. I''m trying to create the effect of clouds racing across a moonlit night sky, y'' see. The reason is fairly stupid, really....I went to the cinema to see a horror film with my girlfriend and thats when I got the idea. I figure it should be fairly simple apart from scrolling the alpha-blended texture of the clouds. Anyway, that was probably more info than anyone strictly needed...so I''ll be on my way. Oh....and no source code, thanks. Pseudo-code or a yes or no answer will be fine. Later... RM. Tron Software -=Kicking Butt and Writing Code=-

Guest Anonymous Poster
Change the tU and tV members in the vertex structure. These are the offsets for the x and y in the texture.