Scrolling textures in D3D?

Started by
0 comments, last by RageMatrix 22 years, 5 months ago
I''ve seen this done before under OpenGL, so presumably it can be done in D3D, so can anyone tell me how to scroll a texture over a primitive? I''m fairly new to 3D graphics since I got sick of DirectDraw....and lets face it, 3D is far more exciting What I want to do is use a alpha-blended textured quad in front of a straight textured quad. In between these is a light source. I''m trying to create the effect of clouds racing across a moonlit night sky, y'' see. The reason is fairly stupid, really....I went to the cinema to see a horror film with my girlfriend and thats when I got the idea. I figure it should be fairly simple apart from scrolling the alpha-blended texture of the clouds. Anyway, that was probably more info than anyone strictly needed...so I''ll be on my way. Oh....and no source code, thanks. Pseudo-code or a yes or no answer will be fine. Later... RM. Tron Software -=Kicking Butt and Writing Code=-
Advertisement
Change the tU and tV members in the vertex structure. These are the offsets for the x and y in the texture.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement