Advice on... Everything.

Started by
24 comments, last by Servant of the Lord 10 years, 9 months ago

Then I re-recommend QtCreator as a possible solution. Also, you could make yourself a Knoppix CD and run linux from disc. It'd be legit, and Linux has tons of programming tools you could use.

Advertisement

Then I re-recommend QtCreator as a possible solution. Also, you could make yourself a Knoppix CD and run linux from disc. It'd be legit, and Linux has tons of programming tools you could use.

oh my god thank you so much for this.
you have absolutely no idea how much i needed this link.
I've been trying to get Linux to run with Ubuntu, but every time it just craps out on me.
I've spent weeks trying to get Ubuntu to work.
you have saved my life on every level.
I'm doing this first thing tomorrow.

He can't make pong. You expect him to be able to run Linux? Go buy Windows 8. It's cheap. The hardware requirements are low. And really you have no excuse not to. Especially if you actually want to program something.

Beginner in Game Development?  Read here. And read here.

He can't make pong. You expect him to be able to run Linux? Go buy Windows 8. It's cheap. The hardware requirements are low. And really you have no excuse not to. Especially if you actually want to program something.

I think he is a SHE!. Anyways, IMO Buy windows 7 from ebay or something or just buy the serial key, download it and then put it in your version BOOM LEGIT Windows, if your pc is that old it cant even update to new windows.. you should really switch to linux or something,

I think he is a SHE!

Oh, my bad.

Beginner in Game Development?  Read here. And read here.

thank all of you, this was exactly what I needed!

I've gotten knoppix running, and it was the greatest thing I have ever done for this computer.

I think I'll try to use QTcreator, but I'll still keep everyone's ideas in mind! ^^

thanks again!

All of the good tutorials out there for it require visual basic, (which I can't run, whoopee!) or some other program which my computer has the inability to deal with.

???

Almost all tutorials for games i see on the net are in c++, not vb...

Why could you not run visual basic??? it's been around since the 80's... (maybe even 70's)

Anyway, i always loved nehe tutorials for opengl. There's also this site for DirextX 9.

Both site might be a bit outdated but still have very good material for someone who is just starting anyway.

Also CodeProject have some very nice tutorials on just about everything.

And for the computer, nowaday you can get a very descent machine for programming by buying pretty much the cheapest cpu and rams out there, except maybe for the video card which you should not be too "low end". Hell, my computer is 7 years old, dual core athlon 2.6Ghz, 2go of ram with a 9600 GSO video card and it's still running everything, except newer game with graphics maxed out. Or try to get an usaged one, but a good one.

good luck!

She meant visual C++.

I'm a game programmer and computer science ninja !

Here's my 2D RPG-Ish Platformer Programmed in Python + Pygame, with a Custom Level Editor and Rendering System!

Here's my Custom IDE / Debugger Programmed in Pure Python and Designed from the Ground Up for Programming Education!

Want to ask about Python, Flask, wxPython, Pygame, C++, HTML5, CSS3, Javascript, jQuery, C++, Vimscript, SFML 1.6 / 2.0, or anything else? Recruiting for a game development team and need a passionate programmer? Just want to talk about programming? Email me here:

hobohm.business@gmail.com

or Personal-Message me on here !

I think he is a SHE!. Anyways, IMO Buy windows 7 from ebay or something or just buy the serial key, download it and then put it in your version BOOM LEGIT Windows, if your pc is that old it cant even update to new windows.. you should really switch to linux or something,

Windows 8 is faster in almost every regard, even on old systems.

Here's my 2D RPG-Ish Platformer Programmed in Python + Pygame, with a Custom Level Editor and Rendering System!

Here's my Custom IDE / Debugger Programmed in Pure Python and Designed from the Ground Up for Programming Education!

Want to ask about Python, Flask, wxPython, Pygame, C++, HTML5, CSS3, Javascript, jQuery, C++, Vimscript, SFML 1.6 / 2.0, or anything else? Recruiting for a game development team and need a passionate programmer? Just want to talk about programming? Email me here:

i wouldn't use windows 8 even if someone paid me...

i wouldn't use windows 8 even if someone paid me...

It's faster to boot, has faster benchmarks, everything. And you wont' use it because pressing the "desktop" button when you boot up your computer is too much?

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement