Random game ideas (one paragraph)

Started by
5 comments, last by jbadams 10 years, 9 months ago

Hey there!

I'm sorry if there is a similar thread elsewhere. I couldn't find it!

I just thought it could be fun to write any game idea that comes to mind (the more out of whack, the better) that can be described in less than one paragraph.

It's not meant to be about groundbreaking ideas, just some fun brainstorming. Don't take anything seriously, and feel free to rate each other's ideas.

I'll start:

--Zombie tycoon game

It would be based on an apocalyptic zombie scenario, except instead of survival, it's about harnessing the power of zombies in a tycoon game way. Build contraptions that zombies can power up with their own motion (from a chariot powered by zombies following a brain on a stick to zombie-driven generators). Of course the bigger the number of zombies you use and the more powerful they are, the higher chance something will backfire, so you also have to make traps, baits to redirect "zombie flow" and so on.

Yeah, that came up more stupid than I initially thought. Your turn!

Advertisement

I've always liked the idea of a futuristic RTS where your goal is to run a company that specializes in getting planets ready for colonization, whether that be through terraforming, pacification of existing species or whatever. You would have a small oversight team for each mission that would comprise of scientists, engineers and military personnel. What buildings and units you can build in each mission is mostly determined by which personnel you choose for your oversight team.

A Tower Defense game where you are the spawn attacking the castle. There would be multiple creature types that are, of course, strong against certain defenses and weak against others. You'd have a limited number of waves to send out to try and breach the fortress, while the game gets currency off your units to improve it's own structures.

And you could just call the game "Tower Attack".

A game where you drive your spaceship into the sun while everything burns and explosions and cool particle effects and zombies.

yeah.

I think it would do fairly well.

o3o

A Tower Defense game where you are the spawn attacking the castle. There would be multiple creature types that are, of course, strong against certain defenses and weak against others. You'd have a limited number of waves to send out to try and breach the fortress, while the game gets currency off your units to improve it's own structures.

And you could just call the game "Tower Attack".

I thought you were serious for a moment. Then I remembered how badly sarcasm transfers via the internet.

Tristam MacDonald. Ex-BigTech Software Engineer. Future farmer. [https://trist.am]

Guillotine, firing squad, electric chair, lethal injection.

Basically the game Hangman but a different form of execution with each new word.

Tower Defence Television Network

Alien attackers (or any other standard TD enemy) are arriving in progressively more difficult waves and trying to attack [some particular target] -- you must defeat the enemies and defend the target by building and upgrading defences -- so basically your standard run of the mill tower defence.

The twist is that you need to defeat your enemies in the most entertaining way possible. There are other players (AI or other actual players -- could make for a good social game) also defending against similar onslaughts, and your income and score are based on how your defence rates with an audience -- rather than being the most efficient, you need to deal with the enemies in the most amusing or unexpected way possible, and your audience will get bored and start to dwindle if you don't keep things fresh.

- Jason Astle-Adams

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement